Thread: Xentrex GT 2.8kw Inverter

Thanks

Default Xentrex GT 2.8kw Inverter

Does anyone have schemtics for a Xentrex 2.8kw grid-tie inverter. A storm that passed over recently stopped mine from working. The display still shows its reading the AC and DC volts, but displays a message saying External Shutdown. I contacted Energex asking if I can have it replaced with a 3kw inverter since 2.8kw is no longer made, but they said if I go over 2.8kw I will lose my rebate, they said I can down size to the next one which is 2.5kw, that just sux balls since it was storm damage and not a choice to change.

So, with my inverter if I turn the mains on (with the DC from the panels OFF) it will power up and display line voltage and other diag stuff, if I turn the mains OFF and DC to ON it will also power up and display the same. But when Both AC and DC are on it will display "External Shutdown".

I was told this inverter is a transformer design where newer ones are transformerless.

So, would rather fix it and keep my 52c rebate (down size to a new unit but different brand is still an option but a poor one).
    Other choice but expensive is convert to offgrid or Grid Feed with Battery storage.

If I up size I will be placed on the lowest rebate and I dread to think of the size system needed to compensate for the lose of the high rebate.
    Last edited by skozzy; 26-09-17 at 04:44 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Hi, can only help with monitoring software and a user manual for the Xantrex 2.8 Inverter.. had problems with my display pcb and could never locate a schematic.

Thanks

Which software do you have. I have the SGT Viewer which logs data and makes a PNG to display on a webpage.

My Xantrex inverter has been replaced now with a 2.5kw Fronius Galvo, there was no other options as I could not get the Xantrex returned for repair. They said $400 up front to look at it, and 99% chance they can't fix it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Hi, I think it's the same one ... (150-0264-01-01_Rev-A_Release) A Windows PC is connected to the RS232 port or RJ45.

Pm me with an email if needed.

Cheers