Thread: Optus Support

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Default Optus Support

Just feel like a quick rant. I've had the pleasure of forfeiting 1/2 hour of my life I will never get back on a phone call with Optus technical support. Basically I had found my brothers Optus Cable slowed yesterday evening to under 1Mbps download speed. At first I thought probably wifi so tested from an IMac connected directly by ethernet cable and got similar results. A reboot of the modem got it back to 15 last night. This afternoon the same, only speed went to just over 30 after a reboot. Obvious cable connection problem quite apart from significant load of an evening. Got the usual 5 minute telephone menu, 5 minute wait, find account number etc. Then a gentleman with a thick Indian accent answers and wants to go through a checklist of wifi problems. After about 5 attempts I finally got it through his head that the problem was not wifi, and that the connection was cable rather than ADSL so it was fairly pointless to go through other devices connected to the phone line. Got nowhere. Wanted to send technician out which I of course could not authorise on my sister-in law's account. Likely issue is old faulty modem. To add insult to injury it's obviously a common problem as they refer to it specifically in their troubleshooter and ask you to contact them. NBN should be here soon anyway so may well be a waste of time. Lowest common denominator support as usual.

Sorry about the rant. Just wanted to share my frustration. The older I get the less patience I have for this sort of thing.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I signed up with Optarse last century. They could not answer some simple questions to which they said that they'd call us back with the answers, (IIRC it was in relation to costs of a particular mobile service attached to my account). I'm still waiting. I'm still with Telstra, at least they can blame no one else for their problems.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-09-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I'm still with Telstra, at least they can blame no one else for their problems.
    Nah... Telstra usually tries to blame the customer or the customer's cabling/modem/equipment.

All the telcos have offshore call centres that have scripted responses... they have bugger-all product/technical knowledge.

Long gone are the days if you had a fault and if you rang and reported it in the morning, it was often rectified that same day.... and often you even got to speak directly to a tech that would be the one doing the repair job.

Then along came... progress.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-09-17),Guiseppe (27-09-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Optus Support

Learnt a long time ago that the words ‘Optus’ and ‘Support’ are mutually exclusive terms.