Thread: NBN SkyMuster Data Increase !!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default NBN SkyMuster Data Increase !!

Tiny, check your ISP as this may affect you too.

I received an email from my ISP advising me that the NBN have increased their Data allowances for SkyMuster at no extra cost and the ISP is passing this onto me.
    My current plan is for a 30/35GB (Peak/Off Peak) allowance for $45 + $5 for a higher download speed.

The new plan starts on the 1st of October and I will now have 45 GB Peak (increase of 15GB) with a now 70GB Off Peak (DOUBLE !!) at no extra cost.
    Now if I could only stay awake at night to use it !!!!!
    Off Peak is between 0100 and 0700...................

Makes me cry when I remember having a MASSIVE 750 MEGABYTES on Dial UP with 4 hour sessions...................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (27-09-17),xapi (27-09-17)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Makes me cry when I remember having a MASSIVE 750 MEGABYTES on Dial UP with 4 hour sessions...................
    You probably needed all 4 hours of the session too, just to download a 1Mb file, with dropouts, timeouts and slow transfer speed, etc.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

yeah thanks Gordon, my ISP passed on that message & data increase about a month ago.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Hi Gordon, your ISP isn't passing on the full amount of extra data.

We got upped about a month ago (maybe 2 or 3 - time flies), to 40 peak from 35.
    Now going to 60 peak & 90 off peak. Just got this email from Activ8. The $49.95 includes the fast speed charge of $5.

What is my new plan?

How do I switch to a new plan?

You don’t have to do a thing! Regardless of your monthly billing date, we’ll automatically upgrade your plan on October 1. We will add the extra data to your plan on Sunday.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Tiny, when I started this thread I had an idea you had mentioned a Data increase previously but my memory being what it is I wasnt sure.

I dont know about you but I would be happy give up half the OFF Peak allowance and just have the Data allowance 24/7.

I am with HarbourISP based in Mudgee, NSW and when I started they appeared to have the best rate of the ones I could find offering SkyMuster.

Something I am sure was never shown on the available plans were the 100GB plus plans they are offering now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
    Tiny,
    Just had a look thru some offers and MANY have changed from what was offered previously.

I see iselect is now associated with HarbourISP who I am guessing is their SkyMuster agent.

Southernphone now do Satellite BUT their Peak is 7am-11pm daily, shades of the ABG Ipstar plans.

I found a few others who are new so lets hope we may see more competition to bring down prices to match those using ground based systems.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 29-09-17 at 03:15 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!