Thread: Indestructable Outlook is doing my head in.

Thanks

Default Indestructable Outlook is doing my head in.

After recently moving and changing email address (MasterRadio already had connection here when I moved in). I tried to delete my (and various family member's) old addys from Outlook 2010 but each attempt returned the error "The parameter is incorrect". Undaunted I ran a repair install but still the error persisted. Uninstalled Outlook and deleted all reference I could find to it then reinstalled but still the old addresses reappear in the list and deletion attempts fail with the same error. It is getting a bit old now having to dismiss up to a dozen or more error dialog boxes each time I use it. Any thoughts? Can't afford to upgrade to later version.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 28-09-17 at 12:26 PM.

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

Are you removing the accounts from "Account Settings"? You should then be ok, My biggest issue is the "security" of some of my e-mail servers who keep telling me that I've logged on from a strange device because I've either used a VPN and forgotten to turn it off or my mobile has logged on from a free hotspot somewhere. (Yes I AM on Orifice 2010)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Are you removing the accounts from "Account Settings"? You should then be ok, My biggest issue is the "security" of some of my e-mail servers who keep telling me that I've logged on from a strange device because I've either used a VPN and forgotten to turn it off or my mobile has logged on from a free hotspot somewhere. (Yes I AM on Orifice 2010)
    Yes mate, trying to delete in account settings but they just keep on keeping on. I thought by uninstalling and deleteing all reference to it it would be ok but the settings are hiding somewhere and reinstate when I reinstall.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 955 Posts

If you completely Format & reinstall Windows & Office Outlook again it should remove all the gremlins & start with a new copy of everything ....but maybe that's a lot of work too

I think I had a similar problem where I could not delete email stuff in outlook .... no matter what I did

I found I had to remove the outlook profile

Have a look here

come to think of it I think I added a new profile (any name you want) first, then was able to delete the "outlook" Profile ....

then after restarting the computer I then added "outlook" profile back then deleted the "any name" profile .... but can't remember exactly ......

of course this may not be your problem either ....
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 28-09-17 at 09:57 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

Have a look in /%userprofile%/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook/ and you'll find the filename.pst files which are you profile files. Shut Outlook down and delete them. Next time Outlook starts it will re-create them. BE WARNED - deleting the profiles will delete any data stored therein, so you will lose any addresses and messages associated with that profile. (I usually copy them elsewhere and then, if need be, can import the data.)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

MrRadio (29-09-17)

Thanks

Thank you all for your input. I have resolved the problem now. Uninstalled Outlook, deleted Outlook folders, ran CCleaner on registry, reinstalled Outlook and addresses repopulated but I was able then to delete them.