Thread: Bl**dy bits of fruit!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Bl**dy bits of fruit!

Grandson has an iPAD which has frozen on the apple logo when you turn it on. NONE of the suggested fixes have worked, I was hoping that iTunes would, at least let me do a system reset, but even following the re-set procedure i.e. Start iTunes, Plug in powered down device whilst holding the home key, only produces the apple on the screen of the device and a message in iTunes that says the device is locked by a passkey and that I need to enter it on the device to access it. I CAN'T GET PAST the bit of fruit on the screen to do anything. Does anyone know HOW I am supposed to get into the the thing to reset it?
    FWIW the device shows up in windoze explorer as an internal storage device which reports 1.49Gb free of 14Gb but on opening, nothing shows. At least windoze sees the device.

I know one easy fix but son won't let me use it. Probably because it involves firearms.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hey Lsemmens

plug the iPad into a computer with iTunes open, hold both the power button and home button down and count to 10 - at this point release the power button and wait for the windows beep - at this stage you should be in DFU mode and iTunes should ask to restore/upgrade

be aware this will wipe the device and if you get an error - post it up, I have some experience with a few rotten apples

f
    有段者

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

enf (11-10-17),lsemmens (10-10-17),mtv (10-10-17),OSIRUS (10-10-17),Tiny (10-10-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Thanks freakie1, I've not been able to get to recovery using the various key combinations until now. I'd tried the home key, power key combo in the past, however now bloody iTunes decides it won't restore the machine until I update iTunes. aaaargh! At least I am on the way to fixing it. thanks mate.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...