Thread: Focal Point on a 2.3M CBAND dish and that PLATE in the middle

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Focal Point on a 2.3M CBAND dish and that PLATE in the middle

Re: 2.3M Cband Joysky Mesh Dish

I'm asking members that have installed any CBAND mesh dish and have to measure the focal point do they remove the THICKNESS OF THE BOTTOM STEEL PLATE.
    Yes on the bottom or the middle of my mesh dish I have is 3MM x 250MM steel plate on the inside shorting the distance so do I remove the 3MM off the total focal point. Example the focal point is 913MM but the plate is 3MM so do I remove the 3MM and make it 910MM instead of 913MM for the focal point or forget that it is there (ps cut a broom stick for 910 or 913 MM).
    I would like member to comment on this as this is a confusing and nobody on these installating says anything about this
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I have always measured from the 'top' surface of the plate.

Remember that this measurement is a guide to get you into the 'ball park' only. I always use a satellite meter to make all final adjustments.

Read the guide which I have uploaded to

The video presentations by Mark Long at are extremely good, as are his books e.g. .

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-10-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The radio wave is reflective just like light so despite the Dish being a Mesh, because the mesh is cut to frequency that makes the surface 'appear as a solid'.

Not only that, I cant see 3mm making any difference what so ever in the initial setting up.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-10-17)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    I have always measured from the 'top' surface of the plate.

Remember that this measurement is a guide to get you into the 'ball park' only. I always use a satellite meter to make all final adjustments.

Read the guide which I have uploaded to

The video presentations by Mark Long at are extremely good, as are his books e.g. .
    Very interesting article. Pacific Satellite At Coopers Plain In Brisbane has help me a lot, Don't know if Simon is still there as most of his work went now via the internet streaming.
    Yes I have measure the Focal minus the 3MM to the mouth of the feed so my focal should be 913MM and its now 910. Funny thing is I have done everything to the Book as I have lined up the dish string wise and the scaler ring is with 0.1 MM all around the 4 Points of the Dish and now I think it has lost a little or because the dish narrowly missed the dish next to it (could still be effected)i t could be effected as the feed was about 5 MM out favoring the the non block side of the dish.Yes my Dish worked better when the Scaler ring and the LNB inside we out "eg" the scaler was 10MM out goin to one side away from the other dish, The Lnb was 3 MM out going away from what I think where it was being blocked

Also What I would like to know is Most of Feed Horns the scaler ring where the feed goes in is a lot larger and when you screw the screw in the LNB gets pushed to one side and it not in the Middle. Now I made some spacers so the LNB is in the Middle but now I lost a Little in quality. Remove the Plastic and Its gains again. But where the LNB/scaler ring gets pushed too the section favors the section the dish is possible no being blocked it gains a little. I suspect the orthomode Feed with its 2 BIG LNB's a 1.8 Prodelin Dish are effecting my 2.3 M dish whist looking at Asiasat 5 at 100 deg E. Yes Me thinks the assembly is partly slightly blocking the 2.3M dish Of course when the dish is moved on say 105 Deg E or other sats Its ok.

I remember someone saying this that their 3M dish was partly block by the flats next door but by moving the LNB one side also the Scaler ring to one side he by doing this he pick up some gain.

Thanks

i I'm trying to get the extra DBM of what my dish can and will get. I bet someone has the Best Combo LNB Scaler ring to suit a small 2.3M dish. I cannot see All LNB's proforming the same regarding what Temp Kelvin they are.