Thread: C-band Quad Scalar ring

Thanks

Default C-band Quad Scalar ring

Ok I've just Come back from Bali and as usual spent money on Satellite stuff I wanted some Dual c-band Lnb-F but found it cheaper to buy a quad scalar including Lnbf,s (just under $40 for it all) and I also bought a dual scalar and 2 Lnb-fs for $22 . Has anyone here used or set one up who can give me some tips ? Please It's not life or death as I really only bought it for the Lnb-f,s.( I am Just curious to maybe give them a try)
    I also bought Matrix burger receivers for $17 each these not only do powerVu but auto Biss which I think is fab because I hate entering keys Manually. I only went into the shop for 2 Lnb-f and to renew my Matrix tv subscription

Last edited by carjackma; 14-10-17 at 05:27 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (24-10-17)

Look Here ->

Thanks

Auto biss? are they actually going online and fetching details from a server..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Auto biss? are they actually going online and fetching details from a server..
    Yes if the keys are available online usually 10 - 20 seconds sometimes shorter and the channel opens

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    I wanted some Dual c-band Lnb-F but found it cheaper to buy a quad scalar including Lnbf,s (just under $40 for it all) and I also bought a dual scalar and 2 Lnb-fs for $22 . Has anyone here used or set one up who can give me some tips ?

I have for years Used Cheapo 4 or Quad C Band LNB F on my 2.3M roving dish and I find them OK. The Brand I use is "International" but What I find Surprising is I purchased two of them the Same Company/brand in the US and the 4 porter preforms better than the 2 port one. I give ONE example on Asiasat 5 Transponder 4040H S/R 29720 5/6 8PSK is very constant and varies little. Now on my 2 port LNBF I get SNR of 65 or 66 (64 starts pixelation) but on my 4 port one I get 69 or 70 and it never pixelation.
    The Reason I use the 4 Port one is: Two of the ports goes to the Spaun 8 port Multi Switch that feeds 8 Receivers inside the House but my main receiver the Vu Duo 2 has it feed directly after the Diseqc switch to the 4 port LNBF and buy this is losing less.
    What I saying is if I used the Vu Duo2 and have it going as you expect to a 8 port DiseQc (one port for the 2.3M Dish the other 7 ports for other Dishes) Switch and after that it goes to a 8 port Spaun Multi Switch I lose a little and I CAN SEE THIS CLEARLY on Transponder on Asiasat 5 4040H. Me thinks that there is to much Steps "EG" Vuo duo2/DISEqC Switch/Multi switch than to the dish. Compare to Vu Duo 2/DISEqC than to the Dish.

Now I have spoken about 3 ports used on the LNBF. I will talk now about one 4th one. On my Vu Duo 2 It has 2 Sats ports (two turner cards). Port 1 which is "A" is used for everything'''''''''''' BUT!!! hard to get feeds on my 2.3M dish I find if I used port 2 "B" on the Vu Duo 2 DIRECTLY to the 4 port on the LNBF (NO DISEqC NO MULTI SWITCH) on the 2.3M Dish i have a better chance of getting what I want for a 2.3M Dish witch cable runs over 50 M.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

carjackma (15-10-17)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Only Yesterday I purchased another 4 porter LNBF on ebay for $39 from China. Please note my 4 port LNBF are 3.4 to 4.2 not the 3.7 to 4.4. There is another guy on ebay selling 3.7 to 4.2
    The Brand I purchased was GCF From China
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 15-10-17 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks

Ok I've just Come back from Bali and as usual spent money on Satellite stuff I wanted some Dual c-band Lnb-F but found it cheaper to buy a quad scalar including Lnbf,s (just under $40 for it all) and I also bought a dual scalar and 2 Lnb-fs for $22 . Has anyone here used or set one up who can give me some tips ? Please It's not life or death as I really only bought it for the Lnb-f,s.( I am Just curious to maybe give them a try)
    I also bought Matrix burger receivers for $17 each these not only do powerVu but auto Biss which I think is fab because I hate entering keys Manually. I only went into the shop for 2 Lnb-f and to renew my Matrix tv subscription

OoooooH sugar

Just noticed there joined together. My 4 port LNBF are in ONE piece like normal LNBF with 1 or 2 ports but in my case they have 4. Yes throw away the scaler and keep the LNB. Are they 3.4 to 4.2 or 3.7 to 4.2
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 15-10-17 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks

As Joshy12 says

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    OoooooH sugar

Just noticed there joined together. My 4 port LNBF are in ONE piece like normal LNBF with 1 or 2 ports but in my case they have 4. Yes throw away the scaler and keep the LNB. Are they 3.4 to 4.2 or 3.7 to 4.2
    They had 4 output ones as well $12 each but I only need 2 output and yes they are 3.4 to 4.2 . the scalar allows the reception of 4 different satellites at once.

Thanks

. the scalar allows the reception of 4 different satellites at once.
    I've seen this for KU but not Cband. Do you know what group of Cband satellite they use this?. I would say not for our Location?

Thanks

I got it sussed thanks to this

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

silverbak (26-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I've seen this for KU but not Cband. Do you know what group of Cband satellite they use this?. I would say not for our Location?
    yeah as7,Palapa,Telkom and chinasat