Thread: Philippine, Australian forces stage sea drill as ties deepen

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

Default Philippine, Australian forces stage sea drill as ties deepen

You Oz boys usually have a clearer picture about what is going on in your neck of the woods than I do, but does this seem to be a Non-Provoking way of stepping up military readiness just in case Kim Hung None shoots his nuclear load. I guess that COULD be called a calamity?

"Filipino and Australian naval forces darted across the sea and landed on a Philippine wharf in a disaster-response drill Sunday that reflects their deepening security ties in a region prone to calamities, piracy and territorial rifts."

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Yep, all the large navel ships left Jervis Bay a while ago, headed for that area.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

cmangle (16-10-17)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

I'll say this much, "Hats off to Oz", instead of threatening his ass with obliteration (which is what would happen), Oz preps with something benign so as to not cause Kim Hung None's attention!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

We dont hear much about it but it seems that Piracy is quite rife in various areas of the South Pacific here as it is off the East Coast of Africa.
    There is also the 'difficulty' of China claiming sovereignty over parts of the South China Seas where they have conducted 'Island Building' exercises in recent times.
    Both of these situations should be of no interest to the North Koreans.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    I'll say this much, "Hats off to Oz", instead of threatening his ass with obliteration (which is what would happen), Oz preps with something benign so as to not cause Kim Hung None's attention!
    I wouldn't read too much into that exercise.
    The official version to deal with natural catastophies and terrorists seems about it and as I know from first hand information, the Australians were there first to help the Yolanda victoms, followed by the USA, while the Philippine Government stood around doing almost nothing but adding red tape on every assitance package.
    If anything this may also be slightly related to disputes with the Spratly islands but zilch towards NK.
    That hypocrite Duterte is so pro China (and it's drug cartels), I really do not understand what we are doing there.
    AFAIK we have nothing to shoot down any range of missiles, unless you are secretly giving us something.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-10-17 at 03:41 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Onefella (17-10-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The thing is with such 'exercises' is they can be labeled whatever (Terrorism, Piracy, Insurgents etc) you like as the premise is the same no matter where its used in the future.
    Troops from different Nations working together to work out any bugs now instead of later that may hamper their activities.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

cmangle (16-10-17),lsemmens (17-10-17)

Banned

Thanks

Does seem rather to be an act of thumbing your nose at a bully, not usually a wise move, and one that will bring Australia into focus in North Korea, when previously it was Trump and the USA who were the recipients of all the vitriol.

Australia can do it's bit with the problem by helping maintain Pine Gap, which is actively gathering intelligence on the happenings in North Korea, while at the same time keeping it's head down and avoiding becoming a target.

But palling up with that criminal, Rodrigo Duterte, tends to tar us with the same brush. He is one hombre we should be avoiding at all costs.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Neddie For This Useful Post:

cmangle (17-10-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Don't poke the bear.......
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...