Thread: Rip nz

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Rip nz

Oh dear.........the NZ government polls 8% more than their nearest rival in what would be a landslide victory in comparable countries. They have turned NZ in to the envy of most countries. What could go wrong ?

Under NZ's bizarre voting system where no one ever gets the required majority, the "kingmaker" cuts a deal with Labor and the Greens resulting in a 37 year old woman who has never had a job becoming PM.

It reminds me of Australia just before 2007

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-10-17)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

They are a bit like sheep over there tho mate
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-10-17)

Thanks

The Luna Park Coalition

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (20-10-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Why should Peters do any better than Oakshot and Windsor. Those pricks condemned us to Julia Gillard. I don't know how they sleep at night.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Lots of free stuff to be had in NZ very soon.......................I hope that means the kiwi's in Oz (half the NZ population) decide to fu*k off out of Oz and head back to the pastures in NZ

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

My own view was that she should be given a fair go to see what she can do. Then I just heard on the news that in exchange for the greens support, NZ will hold a referendum by 2020 to legalise dope. Wonder what else has been dealt to who...

• The Following User Says Thank You to mkhannah For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-10-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Look, it is what it is. F*ck knows what she has promised, but maybe she will actually keep them..unlike Gillard and Co.

John Key set the table with an economic resurgence AND the sort of cuts that we via the ALP wouldn't accept. His speech where he said that if New Zealanders didn't want to work, they could move to Australia was a classic.The economy is flying, despite earthquakes and the like and so she has plenty to spend back into debt, as I'm sure she'll eventually do.

As we have enough to be concerned about with the perpetual rotunda of failures and fools we ourselves elect, I'm not personally going to spend too much time being concerned with the state of NZ. My bills have to be paid and my meals afforded here.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-10-17),Onefella (21-10-17)

Banned

Thanks

I wish her all the best, but the caricature artists are going to have a field day with her. I wonder what her nickname will become, Jacinta McTeath, springs to mind.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neddie For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (22-10-17),enf (21-10-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

OMG she wants to reduce skilled immigration but increase the refugee intake ??? NZ are buggered now

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-10-17),DB44 (22-10-17),eaglem (21-10-17),enf (21-10-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

New Zealand will clamp down on carbon emissions and hold a referendum on legalising marijuana under its new coalition government comprising Labour, New Zealand First and the Greens.

But the Queen is likely to remain the head of government after incoming prime minister Jacinda Ardern said moving to a republic would not be a priority in this term of government.

Ms Ardern promised a “proactive’’ government that would invest in the country’s regions, tackle inequality and pump up infrastructure, after a caucus meeting to choose a ministry that will comprise 21 Labour MPs, four New Zealand First MPs and three Greens.

Ms Ardern, clinched power on Thursday when New Zealand First leader Winston Peters announced he would back Labour despite its having polled seven percentage points less than the National party, which secured 56 seats to Labour’s 46 in the 120-seat house.

Ms Ardern said her government would introduce a “zero #arbon act”, establish an independent climate commission and develop a comprehensive emissions trading scheme that covered “all gasses, all sectors’’.

She confirmed a referendum, which may be binding, would be held in the next three years on whether to legalise recreational marijuana use.

“I’ve always been very open about the fact that I do not believe that people should be imprisoned for personal use of cannabis,” she said. “I also have concerns around young people accessing a product which can clearly do harm and damage to them.’’

Ms Ardern also signalled moves to promote women’s interests: “I have great ambition as a woman and as prime minister-elect that we will make great gains as a government in issues like equal pay, in issues like supporting women in the roles they choose to take, whether they be work or in caring roles ... I hold that issue close to my heart.’’

Ms Ardern has vowed to honour Labour’s election promises but is expected to release the details of policy deals with New Zealand First and the Greens next week.

The government’s 100-day plan would “broadly stay the same” and would include raising the student allowance by NZ$50 ($44.50), setting up #inquiries into mental health and historic abuse of children in state care, and legislating to require rental homes be dry and warm.

Mr Peters, offered the position of deputy prime minister, is still deciding whether to accept.

The new government is expected to slash immigration, rethink trade deals and move to tackle poverty. It also wants to ban foreign speculators from buying New Zealand homes and has a policy of building 100,000 affordable homes in 10 years.

The party has indicated it will spend billions of dollars more on health and education, and plans to boost the minimum wage and #increase help for low-income families.

However, this will come at the cost of tax cuts planned by the previous government and by taxing multinational companies more.

Administrator
    Thanks

Potential disasters highlighted above.

In a nutshell, spend all the money and tax companies until they go elsewhere.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

DB44 (22-10-17),eaglem (22-10-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Time to close our borders. With The Rump in America and The Tooth in NZ, what will we get next? We may be the only (relatively) Sane place on the planet.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

Nothing new in the NZ arrangement - most democratic countries in the world have similar arrangements where the winning party does not get a majority and is the norm. Forming coalitions are all normal. Countries like us and the US are the exceptions not the usual.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

However, this will come at the cost of tax cuts planned by the previous government and by taxing multinational companies more.
    Multinationals do all they can to reduce their taxes anyway so i dont see how that will work. The Average Joe will be paying for all this.

As if NZ didnt have enough unemployed as it is.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neddie View Post
    I wish her all the best, but the caricature artists are going to have a field day with her. I wonder what her nickname will become, Jacinta McTeath, springs to mind.
    They are one impressive set of choppers aren't they....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

You wouldn't want her to "bite you"
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned

Thanks

Jacinta, the tooth fairy, I think.

Thanks

she looks like Goofy

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    OMG she wants to reduce skilled immigration but increase the refugee intake ??? NZ are buggered now
    Perfect solution for Australia then.

We bring in a number of their skilled immigrants equal to them taking the remaining refugees from our offshore detention centers which can then be closed down.