Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: High Court Rules Against 5 Dual-Citizenship Polies, Including Barnaby Joyce

Thanks

How many members in Austech, how do we get a class action going, 100 quid each for each day each of these scum sat sounds fair. I think we will probably bankrupt them all & as bankrupts they cannot sit, even better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Two reasons why the Queen doesnt have to resign and they are that she has never stood for or been elected to a Seat in Federal Parliament and as far as I am aware, neither current nationality, place of persons Birth or the birth place of the Parents are considered when choosing a Head of State.

This was one of the arguments I put up to those supporting Australia becoming Republic as it will in the future as to who can be chosen.

Ernie Dingo should be Head of State

Banned

Thanks

These dual citizens who have had to resign because of their British Dual citizenship don't need to renounce it to get back as an MP, they could move to the UK, as could any of us who hold Australian Citizenship, because the qualification for election to the British Parliament is UK citizenship, or citizenship of any Commonwealth Country.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    How many members in Austech, how do we get a class action going, 100 quid each for each day each of these scum sat sounds fair. I think we will probably bankrupt them all & as bankrupts they cannot sit, even better
    I doubt it can be done as a class action, which are pretty limited in Australia. I suspect whoever does do it, and someone almost certainly will, will end up a media celebrity. Our MSM will probably portray them as nutjobs. They will spend a great deal of money and Parliament will end up looking after its own and step in to save them. I'm afraid I don't need that sort of aggravation in my life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    True. But by resigning he has made it pretty irrelevant and unlikely that it ever will be determined. Unless, of course, someone tries to sue him under section 46 of the Constitution:

Parliament almost certainly would step in to help him but it would be quite embarrassing.
    He has been cleared. So his reason for Resignation is non existent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    He has been cleared. So his reason for Resignation is non existent.
    That was the story. He'd look like a real idiot if he had resigned unnecessarily but he couldn't withdraw the resignation. According to the latest headline in The Australian the Libs have said there is a letter from the British Home Office saying he was a British Citizen but has now resigned. What fools all these MP's are for ignoring such an obvious requirement. I have no sympathy whatsoever except for the poor taxpayer who is paying for by-elections and Court costs and still not getting better MP's. In the meantime I'd be amazed if there are not many more cowering in the background hoping they will not be caught. I wonder if either house will even have a quorum if they all resign or are kicked out at the same time.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Here we go. Labors Katie Gallagher....and a few others now....

And both sides STILL resist an audit....what a scam....and what a joke.

may be paywalled...

Labor senator Deborah O’Neill drawn into citizenship fiasco

NSW Labor senator Deborah O’Neill has been forced to defend her status as an Australian citizen after senior ALP sources raised doubts about her #eligibility to sit in federal #parliament.

Confusion over Senator O’Neill’s citizenship came as the major parties refused to back an independent audit of all 226 federal MPs despite growing pressure from within their own ranks, and following confirmation from Senate president Stephen Parry that he is a British citizen.

Senator O’Neill said last night she renounced her Irish citizenship, gained by descent from both parents, and handed in her Irish passport to the embassy before she first sought a Labor seat at the 2010 federal election.

Questions about the senator’s citizenship arose yesterday after senior Labor sources told The Australian that Bill Shorten’s #office was “very worried” about her #eligibility status. “The issue seems to come down to dates and when the rules were changed in Ireland,” the source said.

Senator O’Neill said her husband had told her he had found a relevant renunciation document, but she refused to provide a copy or confirm what it said. “Prior to my preselection to run for the seat of Robertson in 2010, I renounced my citizenship and handed in my passport to the Irish embassy — any assertion otherwise is a lie,” she said. “It’s not my problem if other people have not got their citizenship in order.”
    undefined

In an embarrassing blow to the Turnbull government, Senator Parry told his upper house colleagues yesterday he had confirmation from the UK Home Office that he was a British citizen by descent on his father’s side and would quit the parliament.

The revelation — months after the dual-citizenship saga erupted and five days after the High Court handed down its ruling that disqualified five MPs — triggered a veiled swipe from ousted former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce.

“All I can say is the National Party, when we had doubts, we owned up straight away and went to the High Court,” Mr Joyce said.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann also rebuked Senator Parry, saying there was “no question” he “should have acted sooner”. The deputy leader of the government in the Senate told the ABC’s 7.30 there was no need for an independent audit of federal politicians and argued the onus was on the individual.

“Senator Parry should have acted sooner, there is no question about that,” Senator Cormann said.

“In the end — whether it is in relation to the eligibility of members of parliament and their compliance with the Constitution or in relation to other legal processes — the burden of proof here is on those alleging breach, and if there’s a suspicion someone is in breach and that person doesn’t come forward themselves, there is the opportunity to pursue appropriate action through the High Court sitting as the Court of Disputed Returns. That’s the appropriate way to handle this.”

Senator Parry’s resignation sparked a public stoush between Nationals and Liberals over who should replace him as president, with chief government whip and Liberal David Bushby emerging as favourite. The chaos also sparked questions over Labor senator Sue Lines, the deputy Senate president whose father was British. Labor sources said Senator Lines renounced her British citizenship in March 2013, a few months before filling a casual vacancy in Western Australia, but she joined a large contingent of MPs who had not provided documentary proof of her renunciation.

The Coalition and Labor are holding ground against a growing number of backbenchers demanding an audit of members’ citizenship status. Andrew Broad and Llew O’Brien from the Nationals, Craig Kelly and Eric Abetz from the Liberals and Meryl Swanson from Labor have publicly backed an audit, which has overwhelming support among the Greens and crossbenchers.

Acting Opposition Leader Tanya Plibersek insisted an audit was not needed because she was “very confident that no Labor MP is a dual citizen”.

“We’ve got very strict processes, we’ve got very careful procedures when people are applying to be candidates, and there isn’t any chaos that involves the Labor Party,” Ms Plibersek said.

After more than 12 years in parliament, Senator Parry said he would submit his resignation to Governor-General Peter Cosgrove today because the High Court’s recent ruling had “given absolute clarity to the meaning and application of section 44”.

“I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me,” Senator Parry told his colleagues, quoting Abraham Lincoln.

Attorney-General George Brandis said Senator Parry had brought “authority, dignity and fairness” to the role of president, and his election would be referred to the High Court.

“In the absence of any evident factual or legal dispute about Stephen’s ineligibility, I do not anticipate any delay in the making of the usual order for a special count of the Senate ballot papers for the state of Tasmania,” he said.

The government is still drafting terms of references for a parliamentary inquiry into section 44 of the Constitution to be conducted by the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters.

Former Liberal minister Richard Colbeck is expected to win a special recount of the party’s state ballot after being relegated to the unwinnable 5th spot at the 2016 election.

Additional reporting: Joe Kelly, Greg Brown, AAP
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

WE are the ones who should be in the streets demanding an audit....what a joke we've become....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Andrew Bolt's blog raises questions now about Anthony Albanese. Apparently his form shows a blank for his father. However, it seems that he does know his father, Carlo, and has been to Italy a number of times to see him. According to Bolt's blog:

But Albanese last year told 7.30 that his father's name was Carlo, and they met in Italy several times, including in 2009, 2011 and 2013.
    The blog features a 2011 picture of Albo and his family with Carlo. It also shows a copy of part of Albo's form showing the space for his father as blank.

Not sure if it is paywalled, but this is the link to the post:

This is why we need an audit. We can look at this form and it quite simply provides no assistance as to whether he is an Italian citizen or not. Heaven knows what his justification is for leaving his father's details blank in these circumstances. I hope he does have a good explanation.

If anyone wants to check, the House of Reps forms are

and the Senate forms

Instead of a conventional audit we will now have an audit by the public and the media, enforced by public opinion and conducted in the media spotlight. Typical Malcolm Turnbull stuff-up.
    Last edited by DB44; 06-12-17 at 11:21 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Instead of a conventional audit we will now have an audit by the public and the media, enforced by public opinion and conducted in the media spotlight. Typical Malcolm Turnbull stuff-up.
    I dunno if thats entirely fair. BOTH sides have consistently rejected an audit, suspicious in itself. I believe that a call for a full audit by EITHER side would have been successful as the Greens support one. They all obviously KNOW that they are in trouble as Shorten could have forced the issue....all of them are guilty here. In the article I posted Tanya Plibersek was STILL strenuously denying the need.

Public opinion is all thats left. The New England result may have been a reflection of that. Blaming it all on Turnbull is inaccurate IMO.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cobra679 View Post
    Ernie Dingo should be Head of State
    Seriously ? A drunken aboriginal of questionable standards ?

In 2010, two women from New South Wales and Victoria claimed to have engaged in affairs with Dingo. It was subsequently reported that Ernie and Sally were living in an open marriage for the sake of their children. The claim of an open marriage was found to be false and was retracted.

In December 2009, Ernie made controversial comments hitting out at "hypocritical white people who lecture Aborigines about alcohol consumption".

What you should be worrying about is who is giving them access... who sells alcohol? Not black people," Dingo said.

We [Indigenous people] don't have a problem. Our problem is to say 'no' to you blokes, to white people... 'no' is not really part of our cultural background." "There are more white alcoholics than there are black people in this country, so don't come at us with restrictions and Aboriginal laws about alcohol.

It upsets me a lot. I'm passionate about the fact that people talk – journalists talk – about Aboriginal people with our drinking problem. We don't have a drinking problem at all... [The] Aboriginal drinking problem is white people selling to them."

In August 2010, the WA Police Force announced they had opened an investigation into reports of child abuse by Dingo. It is alleged that Dingo slapped and verbally abused an 11-year boy at Carnarvon Primary School, and then made abusive comments singling out that particular boy while speaking at a school assembly shortly afterward. Dingo denied the claims, saying: "I deny it, but until there is an outcome I can't really talk about it." He entered a plea of not guilty by endorsement in a letter to the court and a date of 3 February 2011 was set for trial in Carnarvon.[16] However, on 18 April 2011, following a mediation session, the assault charge was dropped and the matter formally withdrawn.
    Assaults children and thinks everything is the fault of white people. Yay.

Dont be surprised to see him mentioned in the near future......

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Here we go. Labors Katie Gallagher....and a few others now....

And both sides STILL resist an audit....what a scam....and what a joke.

may be paywalled...
    All the Labor ones have been common knowledge for quite a while, however as most newspapers in this country are now left leaning it hasnt got much press. About zero on the ABC.

Administrator
    Thanks

Andrew Bolt's blog raises questions now about Anthony Albanese. Apparently his form shows a blank for his father. However, it seems that he does know his father, Carlo, and has been to Italy a number of times to see him. According to Bolt's blog:

The blog features a 2011 picture of Albo and his family with Carlo. It also shows a copy of part of Albo's form showing the space for his father as blank.

Not sure if it is paywalled, but this is the link to the post:

This is why we need an audit. We can look at this form and it quite simply provides no assistance as to whether he is an Italian citizen or not. Heaven knows what his justification is for leaving his father's details blank in these circumstances. I hope he does have a good explanation.

If anyone wants to check, the House of Reps forms are

and the Senate forms

This is an interesting one. I read the story in the Australian earlier this year about Albo's story in regards to tracing his father. I had completely forgotten about it, good to see Bolt is on the ball.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I dunno if thats entirely fair. BOTH sides have consistently rejected an audit, suspicious in itself. I believe that a call for a full audit by EITHER side would have been successful as the Greens support one. They all obviously KNOW that they are in trouble as Shorten could have forced the issue....all of them are guilty here. In the article I posted Tanya Plibersek was STILL strenuously denying the need.

Public opinion is all thats left. The New England result may have been a reflection of that. Blaming it all on Turnbull is inaccurate IMO.
    Don't get me wrong. Both sides are as bad as the other. Neither wanted an audit. They still don't. It's just that Turnbull, as Prime Minister, gets to set the agenda. It was his mess to resolve, and he played right into Labor's hands. The result was Shorten ridiculously denying Labor had a problem whilst MP's from other parties fell left right and centre. Even then Turnbull tried to protect the miscreants in his own party who had not yet been caught. When finally forced into it he came up with this ridiculous half-measure instead of an audit. Imagine if Turnbull had immediately called for an audit. There's little doubt he would have got it through both houses if legislation was needed. Shorten too may well have been able to secure enough support, but quite apart from having things to hide himself who can blame his for giving Malcolm enough rope to hang himself, which of course he did. Turnbull can be relied upon to make the wrong decision in just about everything.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Seriously ? A drunken aboriginal of questionable standards ?
    you will be pleased then that Jacqui Lambie is now out on the dual citizen ship crap too.
    Ironic after her claims of Indigenous heritage back a few years ago.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567