Thread: Looking to Replace my 42" NEC LCD Plasma - Options ?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Looking to Replace my 42" NEC LCD Plasma - Options ?

I have an NEC 42" LCD Plasma .. it is about 10 years plus old and am thinking of replacing it, it still works it is just that I believe with a new TV I will get a better picture with newer tech nowadays not to mention being able to have it network connected, Smart TV features.

Are there any views as to what I should get? ... there are cheapies at Aldi or bottom end priced Hi Sense units around, across to what I see as LG Samsung and Sony towards the top end. In between there are other not so common or brand named items such as Hitachi. In the not so distant past I have bought Samsung and LG with the latter given me some trouble lately with vertical lines. I have a gut feel that Samsung may be a good choice.

Another option may be to keep the NEC TV and simply find a good smart box (AStone in the past was known to be great) ...

Any feedback?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It sounds like we have the same unit - a PX-42XR4W and ours purchased January 2006

Still going well, but I have wondered of late what might be a replacement when it packs up.

Reading the DTV forum a year to two ago indicated OLED at that point hadn't quite reached the picture quality of plasma, but this more recent article suggests otherwise: