Thread: Ness D8X - Issues

Thanks

Default Ness D8X - Issues

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I had a Ness D8X installed with my home about 10 years ago when I built it and it was working without issues for years but recently I noticed an odd issue I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on.

My KPX panels appear 'blank' most of the time, key input still works however. I opened the enclosure for the main control panel to see if I could see anything obviously wrong, and couldn't find anything that really struck me other then the fact that the ground from the AC power was cut off and had electrical tape around it (done by the installer when the house was built). Anyone know why the builder would have done this?

I bought a replacement keypad online and attempted to swap out one of my existing keypads (disconnected both, plugged one in direct into the control panel) and it shows the exact same behavior as my other panels. Do I have a faulty control panel? Does anyone have other further problem determination they would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Danaith

Look Here ->
    Thanks

DISABLE THE DISPLAY
    The LED indicators on the keypad can be programmed to blank after 4 minutes of no
    keypad use. Any action that causes a beep will restore the display (Use the 'e' button
    preferably).
    PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE:
    P60E 7E toggles the option ON and OFF
    OFF: Display is always on
    ON: Display will blank after 4 minutes
    Last edited by FordTech; 11-11-17 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks

Hi Ford,

Thanks for the reply. Didn't seem to help though. All my displays show really odd behaviour, for example, if i trigger one zone all the zones light up on the panel as triggered (or sometimes 2 of them only).

I've decided to try and buy a whole new system to replace my existing one, now to just decide on a good system (which hopefully can do push notifications via network).