Thread: Bloody Win 10

Thanks

Default Bloody Win 10

I thought I would have to finally get my head into WIN 10 so bought a new laptop with it.

I stuffed up when installing it and now its asking for my secret password. Which was going to be "What was my mothers maiden name" and stupid here typed that into that space when setting it up. Now when I try to boot it it keeps asking for the damn thing.

PLEASE HTF do I start again????

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

You could try using Hirens boot CD to reset the password

Info here:

If that sentence is your actual password and you can log in successfully with it then simply change it to whatever via users options.
    Last edited by Skepticist; 01-11-17 at 03:40 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skepticist For This Useful Post:

sail (02-11-17),Tiny (02-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

As you can get in, just go to Security and untick the need for a password or select change Password.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

sail (02-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skepticist View Post
    If that sentence is your actual password and you can log in successfully with it then simply change it to whatever via users options.
    I think it maybe but cannot remember the exact wording and I think it was all in uppercase.

Thanks will give it a shot.

Premium Member

Thanks

If you have just bought this new laptop and screwed up the UN/PW - assuming that there is no real super duper secret information on it in - why not use the supplied DVD and do a fresh install?

Sorry: I always smell a fish when someone says "I have a new laptop, never used it, brand new, fresh install - but I can't remember the PW..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT250 View Post
    If you have just bought this new laptop and screwed up the UN/PW - assuming that there is no real super duper secret information on it in - why not use the supplied DVD and do a fresh install?

Sorry: I always smell a fish when someone says "I have a new laptop, never used it, brand new, fresh install - but I can't remember the PW..."
    WTF? Nothing fishy about buying a new laptop that comes with Win10 and you have to set it up. (No CD came with it) Nothing super about this cheapy and was only AUD$225 delivered.
    This one...

Jumper EZbook 3SE (3X) is equipped with a 13.3 inch FHD IPS display, brings your photos and videos to life. Powered by Intel Apollo Lake N3350 processor, ensures high performance. Designed with HDMI output, allows you to connect it to monitors, TV or projectors, perfect for creating your personal home theater.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OS
    Windows 10 brings back the popular Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you mark up Web pages on your screen

Intel Apollo Lake N3350 Quad Core 1.1GHz, up to 2.4GHz
    Ultra-low-voltage platform and quad-core processing provide maximum high-efficiency power to go. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it

13.3 inch FHD IPS Screen with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
    Offering good experience for watching videos and browsing the Web. The 1920 x 1080 resolution screen boasts impressive high-quality images

3GB DDR3 RAM for Advanced Multitasking

BTW Password fook up solved with call to MS Help line +61 13 20 58 They simply reset it after I proved my MS account which was established at the start of setup.
    Last edited by sail; 03-11-17 at 05:47 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

Tiny (03-11-17)

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Ditch 10 and go back to a better OS (7).
    I've yet to hear anything complimentary about 10. Mostly it's frustration and annoyance.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Studio1 View Post
    I've yet to hear anything complimentary about 10. Mostly it's frustration and annoyance.
    Sorry to burst the bubble mate, but whilst WIN7 was good, I've found WIN10 to be better.

Yeah, it's bloated, but when you turn off a lot of the crap, it flies for me.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Sorry to burst the bubble mate, but whilst WIN7 was good, I've found WIN10 to be better.

I've heard this as well. It seems to go hand in hand with the problems/annoyances team, which makes me wonder about it.
    Some such as yourself tell of no issues at all, yet others are consistently plagued with problems.
    I like 7 - I've yet to experience an issue with it and no one I've ever talked to has had a bad word for it.
    It just works.
    If it does have a problem it's usually caused by third party applications.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post

I don't mind a lot of the bloat myself. I think it looks after itself with updates better than previous versions in my opinion. Plus with an elderly mum hundreds of k's away I find it easier keeping both of us on the same page with the latest updated version.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

How do you not only forget your mothers maiden name but forget this while installing the OS?????
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

From a user perspective, I still prefer 7 for desktops where a mouse is used, but use 10 tablets and laptops with touch screens.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Win10 has the avantage of a smaller footprint than Win7 so a must for SSD systems.
    Other than that I see no advantages over Win7 and so many disadvantages that it would exceed the scope of this thread that is strangley placed in the Electronics forum.

Microsoft's update policy with Windows 10 can only be described as a harrasment, where I fail to fathom the acceptance of it's users.
    It has even deleted specific drivers necessary to run a machine correctly and this machine was not even ever connected to the internet. I simply had to load the Win10.iso once, so i can extract one file that I needed to run my PICKIT burner and from then on the never ending 'upgrades' to the SAME VERSION, probably because I stopped or deleted all the Microsoft spyware.
    How can it be that I want to shut down my computer and it won't do that for two hours because It needs to 'update'. What should I do, book a new flight?
    And on reboot: Update 100% complete ... please wait, that also took 2 hours, WTF.

How can you guys adore such a pathetic broken OS !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 27-11-17 at 06:00 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

mtv (27-11-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    ...this thread that is strangley placed in the Electronics forum.
    Hadn't noticed... thread moved to Operating Systems.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I actually had a BSOD in W10 the other day, can't recall what I was doing now, so, no idea what caused it. Hasn't happened again and, yes, it was a proper BSOD!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...