Thread: NBN rolling down the street and Telstra's Security Monitoring Take-Over Tactics.

Thanks

Default NBN rolling down the street and Telstra's Security Monitoring Take-Over Tactics.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has stories similar to this..

From the Monitoring Point of view i get stories from End user clients And Bureau Installers about Telstra/contractor arriving to install NBN on a property, then saying at the end of install; "i notice you have an alarm system... THIS is your Only Option. a Telstra/SNP GPRS Device & 12month monitoring agreement".

we just had one where the bureau has told us that the client is on first 6 months free monitoring, just $10 a month for the comms unit - then months 7-12 $10 p/m comms unit & 24 p/m for monitoring.

Any other Examples from techs round here?

-Daniel.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have heard of this in WA. But I have not lost any clients to Telstra SMP.

• The Following User Says Thank You to xr5adam For This Useful Post:

Dpearson (08-12-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I would suggest word being passed around that anyone being told they can only use a specific method for their alarms to ask for that information be given to them in writing along with the plan details.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Dpearson (08-12-17)

Thanks

Some around here are being told they need to get their alarm sorted before they connect to NBN, but have had a few where Telstra/SNP have gone in with very low monitoring with a plan/bundle

• The Following User Says Thank You to Andrewpv01 For This Useful Post:

Dpearson (08-12-17)

Thanks

You weren't told Telstra now have their own Alarm Techs as well?

I have been told about Telstra's own monitoring but it hasn't affected us yet, we are all done with NBN here.
    But it sounds like TYCO's tactics when they first bought out ADT.
    It wouldn't be hard to target customers with monitoring, just look for 1345 numbers on their bill and it's not above Telstra to do that.

I have friend's inside Telstra and they have manged to leave the details out about their own monitoring service, luckily they normally call me if it's to with our customers. (friends in the right places)

You should remember most customers aren't happy with Telstra overall, so they generally prefer to seek other options where possible.
    So far Telstra hasn't advised us installers of their monitoring service so customers will trust them less, and the 12months contract will put them off even further.

Your best bet is to arm your customers with all the available options and information before NBN knocks on their door, We did, in the end we only cancelled monitoring for the ones that didn't really need monitoring anyway, customers are still ours.
    Last edited by Dfektiv; 06-11-17 at 01:43 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Dfektiv For This Useful Post:

Dpearson (08-12-17)