Thread: Will it be a classic?

Thanks

Default Will it be a classic?

Hi all

I have been told by a few people but i was wanting to get another opinion on this

I have a 99 model NU (AU) Fairlane Ghia with a performance V8 in it (from factory) it is completely original and in good condition with exception to its paint that will be getting restored.

(it even has the original factory stereo (the ford branded alpine system with the CD stacker and amp and everything.)

I haven't seen many like this selling online (there are a number of I6 ones but rarely a V8,) Is this a car that given another 10 or so will be worth something?

Reason is if it will be worth something then i will probably get it painted to look nice and store it away.

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks

Why not ask your question on the FFA where you'll get some idea.

The Eagle Flies High!

• The Following User Says Thank You to eaglem For This Useful Post:

enf (13-11-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Wait long enough and ANY V8 will be a classic....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglem View Post
    Why not ask your question on the FFA where you'll get some idea.

i am not sure what FFA is.

if it is a ford forum i could have asked this in any of the ford forums that i am a member of however the opinions i get back will likely be rather slanted and bias.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    i am not sure what FFA is.

if it is a ford forum i could have asked this in any of the ford forums that i am a member of however the opinions i get back will likely be rather slanted and bias.
    Yep, you are likely to get biased information on a Ford in a Ford forum

Its a hard one.........I have a car that I am wondering the same on. Its a 1997 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.8 litre 6 cyl. It was $103,000 on road when bought new as a company directors car, I paid $26k for it in 2007 (which was cheap compared to what they were going for) and today its worth about $12k'ish. Its the wide body model, most Z3's are the 4cyl model which are worth bugger all. The price seems to have bottomed out and has been about the same for a while, so it makes me wonder will it now rise ? It is also a car which was featured in a Bond film, so that may help appeal in the future. But I suppose people could just buy the cheaper and skinnier 4 cyl version.

So like you, I am scratching my head.

In your case, how many k's does it have on it ? This will have a major impact on its worth.

Is it the same as this ?

If thats a realistic price (bracket), then I would say its going to take a while before its really worth any decent amount. Will it be worth more in 10 years ? I would say yes, but its still not going to be worth a huge amount.

There are just so many makes and models now.......I could name every model of Commodore and Falcon up until about 1990, but then they became so numerous. Holden has brought out so many special editions no one can count them. Ford have less, but Holdens are more popular in general.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bazzy (13-11-17)

Thanks

Unlikely. People are still buying 30 and 40 year old Fairlanes to part out for their falcon resto...and their prices reflect this. If you really want an investment Aussie ford, AU XR8s and TS series cars have bottomed I reckon...that's the investment car in the Ford range now I think. 6 to 8K for a daggy XR8 (manuals are getting rare)...that's as good as it will get I think...

Maybe anything made in Australia will push them up a bit in a decade, that might happen...but unlike boomers, genX, genY etc, millennials don't seem to care that much about cars and I cant see the market for older cars like there is now. Time will tell...

Thanks

its not exactly like that because that one has a BA falcon bonnet and grill. i have the proper original chrome grill and fairlane bonnet.

Closer to this but with factory wheels on it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bazzy For This Useful Post:

admin (13-11-17)