Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come join my community, the WASWAM community.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I don't like to get personal here, but I must confess I am wondering whether he works for a living or has ever done so.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I don't like to get personal here, but I must confess I am wondering whether he works for a living or has ever done so.
    It really depends on your classification of work. I would go with no.

MAJOR PROJECTS

Founder and Director | Renew Newcastle (2008-2009)

A not for profit company and low budget DIY urban renewal scheme that has brokered access to 25 empty buildings for 36 new creative enterprises, artists and cultural projects in Newcastle, NSW.

Writer and Presenter | Not Quite Art, ABC TV (2006 – 2008)

A three-part prime time half hour series described by The Age as “the freshest, most illuminating, thoughtful and funny locally made arts program in years.” Awarded one of The Sydney Morning Herald‘s best TV shows of 2007. Follow up series will air on ABC TV in October 2008.

Project Manager | Howshouldivote.com.au (May-November 2007)

Project manager of an election web site that produced 148,000 unique How-To-Vote cards and over 3 million page impressions for the 2007 Federal Election.

Director | Festival Melbourne 2006 (2005 -2006)

Co-director of the Cultural Festival of the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.

Artistic Director and Co-CEO | Next Wave Festival (2002 – 2006)

Artistic Director and co-CEO of Australia’s leading festival for young and emerging artists and Victoria third largest arts festival by budget. Coordinated projects involving Australia’s best young artists and most of Victoria’s leading arts institutions.

Founder and Director | Free Play (2004-5)

The largest independent computer games developers conference in the Asia Pacific region. Presented in collaboration with the ACMI, Film Victoria and the Department of Innovation Victoria.

Founder and Manager | This Is Not Art (1997- 2002 – voluntary, part time)

This Is Not Art is the largest media arts festival outside Europe and the United States and Newcastle’s largest annual tourism event. TINA incorporates The National Young Writers Festival, Electrofringe, Sound Summit, and the National Student Media Conference.

Creative Manager | noise (2000 – 2001)

Noise is a multi media arts festival incorporating projects across TV, radio, print and the internet. The role involved directing the first noise festival, negotiating with sponsors and media partners; hosting briefings for arts organisations, government departments, the Australia Council and other stakeholders around Australia; and developing the technical and database infrastructure.

Web Producer | ABC Radio National and ABC Online (1999 – 2000)

Producing the ABC’s first integrated joint Radio and Online project piloting new models of radio and online integration, forums, transcripts and podcasting for ABC Radio National.

Editor, Manager | Screen Network Australia (1998 – 1999)
    The Internet gateway to the Australian film and television industry – an initiative of The Australian Film Commission, The ABC, The National Film and Sound Archives and The Australian Film Television and Radio School.

National Online/ Multimedia Project Manager | LOUD (August 1996- March 1998)
    Described by The Sydney Morning Herald as “as good as anything achieved on the web in Australia, and probably better.”

Co-founder, Board Member | The Octapod Association (From 1996-2002)

The Octapod is an arts and media organisation in Newcastle, NSW. Octapod works to give young people skills in arts and media and provide a facilitating structure that allows many different and diverse community projects to be plugged in.

FREELANCE/ CONSULTANCY/ TEMPORARY ROLES

Columnist | The Age (2009 – present)

Cultural commentary, opinion and review that appears in the “canvas” section of The Age each monday.

Consultant | The Edge, State Library of Queensland (2009 – present)

Part of the planning process and start up team for Queensland’s and Australia’s first dedicated digital cultural centre that will open in 2010.

Program Consultant | Creative Sydney (2009)

A festival celebrating the wealth and diversity of the Sydney’s creative talents across music, design, architecture, gaming, photography, performance, writing, radio, film, TV, media arts, advertising and visual arts. Part of the larger Vivid Sydney program.

Casual Reporter, Presenter, Producer | ABC Radio (Casual, 1998 – present)

ABC Local Radio as a casual producer and sometime presenter. Including regular co-hosting and weekly segments on 774 ABC Melbourne Drive (2007-8), The ABC NSW Evening Program (1999), and producing daily radio programs.

Feature/Freelance Writer | Crikey, The Sydney Morning Herald, Griffith Review, New Matilda, Centre for Policy Development, Spinach7, The Australian, internet.au and others (1995 – present)

Writing feature articles, news and analysis about arts, politics, technology, culture, media and sport.

Panellist | Critical Mass, Vulture, Q and A ABC TV (2003 – present)

Panellist, reviewer and commentator.

Project Manager, Co-Author and Co-Editor | How To Where To (2002 – 2003)
    A guide book for arts management for independent project producers. Published by the Australia Council in 2004 and reprinted in 2006.

COMMITTEES, DELEGATIONS and AWARDS

Committee/ board member/ assessor | Major Arts WA (2009), Creative Australia Advisory Group (2008-present), Arts Victoria – Arts Development and Presentation (2006-7), Australian Film Commission (2004-5), Australia Council Literature Board (Participating Peer) (2004), Australia Council, Youth Arts Advisory Panel (1999 – 2001), Australia Council’s Developing New Audiences (Arts Marketing) Program (1999), NSW Ministry of the Arts, Literature and History Program (1999)

City of Newcastle | Community Service Award (2002)

Australia Japan Foundation | Emerging Leaders Project (2001)

30 Rising Stars | The Age, Sydney Morning Herald (2001)

Vogue Magazine | Star of the New Millennium (2000)

LECTURES, PANELS and PRESENTATIONS

Propel Arts WA (2009), In Conversation State Library of Queensland (2009), Brisbane Ideas Festival (2009), Creative Sydney (2009), Bris Culture (2009), Hunter Valley Research Foundation Lecture Series (2009), Light in Winter Festival (2009), 2020 Summit Delegate (2008), Tape Projects Artist Talk Series (2008), Sydney Writers Festival (2008), Adelaide Festival Artists Week (2008), British Council Lecture Series – Building Creative Cities (2008), Independently Speaking Forum, Melbourne (2007), Contention or Consensus Conference, Melbourne (2006), Vital Signs, ACMI Melbourne (2005), Regional Arts Australia National Conference, Horsham (2004), State Library of Victoria/ Oz Prospect Lecture Series (2004), Straight Out Of Brisbane Festival – Ideas Program (2002-6), This Is Not Art/ National Young Writers Festival/ Electrofringe/ National Student Media Conference (1998-2006), Guest Lecturer @ QUT, Monash, Swinburne, RMIT, VCA, Deakin University, University of Melbourne, Macquarie University, UTS, University of Newcastle, (1999-2009), Interface Conference, Sydney (2002,3), Social Entrepreneurs Network National Conference, Melbourne (2002), Interface Conference, Sydney (2002), TILT Symposium, Sydney (2001), Australasian Urban Design Conference, Sydney (2001), Youth Performing Arts Australia Conference, Sydney (2001), Regional Arts Australia National Conference, Esperance (2000), The Australian Arts Industry Marketing Association, Sydney and Melbourne (2000), Museums Australia National Conference, Melbourne (1999) The Australian Sister Cities Association National Conference, Port Stephens (1999), Department of Communications and the Arts, Canberra (1998), Issues of Regional Youth Conference, Mackay (1998), The Victorian Teachers of English Association, Melbourne (1998, 2008)

Having had my slag off at him ( which wouldn't have happened if he didn't decide to declare jihad after being in a sleeper cell since 2012), he isnt a bad person. He just lives in fairy land, like so many of the left do.

Administrator
    Thanks

Clearly is also highly involved with GetUp.

Kind of makes you wonder if its worth throwing shit after 5 years, when you have left 20 tonnes of ammunition lying about for people to use.

I would have thought that there would be something more important to do, like get a government grant to set up a think tank to assist Congolese fire ants that want to move from the city to the country or something similar. Or organise an exhibition of Bulgarian three legged chairs from the post war era. But no, lucky us. He comes here.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Keith (18-11-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Bugga! You blokes are being discriminatory! I'm WASRAM! That's W hite Anglo Saxon Retired Aussie Male!
    I'm trying to join Isemmens group
    Geez that little bit of light entertainment went off the rails, loosen up guys
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Administrator
    Thanks

You dont own a Bulgarian 3 legged chair do you ?

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Bugga! You blokes are being discriminatory! I'm WASRAM! That's W hite Anglo Saxon Retired Aussie Male!
    Mate, if you haven't paid exorbitant amounts of tax throughout your life as a WASWAM so as welfare recipients can have an easy life you wont be welcome in WASRAM.

Keep working so as hippies and other great unwashed can rest easy!!!!

Whats wrong with you man!!!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Everybody seems to want to belong....LBGTIQ community, Islamic Community, ATSI Community..........

I have decided to make my own.

It is a very limited community, not many of us left but we have to band together for moral support.

WASWAM

White Anglo Saxon Working Australian Male

Hopefully one day there will be a national consensus that will see us treated like everybody else in society.
    Of course, a brother community to NOMA'AM

Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (18-11-17),Keith (18-11-17),porkop (17-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It really depends on your classification of work. I would go with no.

Having had my slag off at him ( which wouldn't have happened if he didn't decide to declare jihad after being in a sleeper cell since 2012), he isnt a bad person. He just lives in fairy land, like so many of the left do.
    I just wish that he'd stay there.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (18-11-17)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Of course, a brother community to NOMA'AM

Welcome brother.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (17-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

I will join.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

porkop (18-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

What a funny read and also a blast from the past with pollywaffle

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (18-11-17)