Thread: Conservatives to run a candidate in Bennelong

Banned

Thanks

Default Conservatives to run a candidate in Bennelong

Liberal backbencher John Alexander will have to fight for his political future on two fronts, after Australian Conservatives leader Cory Bernardi announced he would run a candidate in the Bennelong by-election.
    see

John Alexander is the chap who resigned due to dual citizenship, which he now says he has sorted out, he's also a former Tennis player seeded 16th in the world, when he knocked my brother-in-law seeded 16th the year before, out of Wimbledon.

He's a really nice chap, but perhaps past his day as a politician. I think if the Conservatives come up with the right chap they'll do OK. After all, this is the old seat of John Howard, a liberal, but a very Conservative one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neddie For This Useful Post:

eaglem (19-11-17)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Yeah, but it's demographic changed a bit prior to Howard losing to Maxine Mckew, albeit with green help. So, it's not as much a safe seat as you may think.

How ANYONE could vote for Kristina Keneally, of ALL people, is beyond me...her ex cabinet ministers (Ian MacDonald, Joe Tripodi, Eddie Obeid, Tony Kelly) are in jail or may face jail over rampant corruption under her leadership. And lets not forget an honorable mention of the NSW Secretary at the time, the re invented Sam Dastyari, who oversaw it all....

And she certainly has a lot in common with the pensioners and ordinary working stiffs out there...

Once again it evokes that quip by Tommy Lee Jones from Men In Black...."what a gullible breed"
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-11-17),eaglem (19-11-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I think a few more electorates might see those who politically never thought they could oppose the Sitting Member but 'Times are a'Changin' and what was once considered a safe Blue Ribbon seat for either party, may not be now.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-11-17),enf (19-11-17)

Thanks

Bozo government in Canberra & with a by election coming up Labor's alternative is Keneally....

Labor or Liberal will just further destroy this country...

Thanks

This just gets better....

The libs are delaying parliament & it turns out Keneally did the similar thing whilst premier....

Last edited by knowabit1; 21-11-17 at 11:48 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

John Alexander is pretty well respected, unlike many other current MP's. You would expect the people of Bennelong would not be stupid enough to vote for an ex premier who returned the worst result ever for NSW State Labor and who is closely related to at least 3 criminals, 2 of who are still in jail.

Labor's campaign has been hilarious so far, they get a female Labor MP who is indigenous to wave the branches and tell everyone Bennelong's wife was a "feisty woman as well". It is well recorded in history that Bennelong used to kick and punch his wife very very regularly to the alarm of whites.

Of course the average dill out there doesn't know that as we only teach sanitised versions of history these days.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-11-17),enf (21-11-17)