Thread: V Box 2 Controller Controllel by two Sat Boxes

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default V Box 2 Controller Controllel by two Sat Boxes

V Box 2 Controller Controlled by two Sat Boxes.

We all know that you can use a V Box Sat Controller or Positioner to move your CBand dish from Sat to Sat but can you have two Satellite Boxes "eg" The Vu duo2 and the Vu Untimo 4K doing the same by controlling the V Box.
    My original Vu Duo2 goes from the Box to a 8 Port DISEqC switch then to the V Box and after this to the 2.3M dish. Now I have the same for my sacked AZ Box with its own 8 Port DISEqC switch and a complete copy of what my Duo 2 has. Before I have the Duo2 Controlling the V Box via DISEqC 1.2 and at the same time the duo2 had DISEqC 1.1 for fixed dishes. The AZBox (Now the Ultimo 4K) has the same but does not control the V Box.
    Now can you get both boxed the duo2 and the Ultimo 4k independently controlling the Vbox at any time one at a time? If this can be done how do you wire it up?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

The only simple way is to try connecting each receiver via a two way splitter to the V-Box. (As you would normally do if connecting one dish/LNB(F) to two receivers).

I see two immediate problems arising from this method.

1/. A reduced signal to each receiver due to the presence of the splitter adversely affecting the reception of weak signals.

2/. If using a voltage switching LNB(F) the receiver set to a horizontal (18V) channel would prevent the other receiver from receiving a vertical (14V) channel.

Suck it and see.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Yes there the exact two I was thinking about. I have 9 dishes, 8 are DISEqC 1.1 fixed dishes and no problem there as all of the dishes have multiswitches and one dish the CBand mesh dish has DISEqC 1.2 that moves to about 14 Sats. Now Could get away from the V hand the H killing each other as I have 4 port LNBF and one is not used and I can use that for the Untimo 4K but the problem could be using a splitter, a power pass on both side splitter that could kill the power and effect me on weaker transponders.

See at the moment I have 9 Spaun Multiswitches. so each dish has its own so the Path is (CBAND MESH dish) DUO 2> 8 Port DISEqC switch> Multiswitch> than VBox Now that a lot of jumps and I want to introduce more like the splitter?. For the fixed dishes the path is duo2 2> DISEqC Switch> Multiswitch> than there twin LNBF on either KU's or one Cband FIXED dish.

how I get away with it on the weaker TX on the dou 2 is the LNBF has 4 ports, two of them is for the multiswitches, another is used DIRECTLY to the duo2 via the second tuner NO Multi switches, No DISEqC Switch No nothing ITS DIRECT!!. Now the 4th cable there and the 4th port there is unused and it spare that goes to my TV room 40M away and I can use this for the Untimo 4K. I thing I like with this 4 port LNBF I can have V and H on on each port and none gets effected.

Testing this week/ next week Plus I have plenty of work to get the Ultimo going + all the other stuff i have to stick in it like cams ECT.