Thread: Unisurf combo Laptop/Tablet sold by Aldi recently.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Unisurf combo Laptop/Tablet sold by Aldi recently.

I purchased this 'Touch 360' combo Laptop/Tablet last week and curious if anyone else has it or one of the various models sold by Unisurf'.
    Firstly I have to say the 'User Manual' is basically useless partly because it is printed in type so damned small you cant read it even with a magnifying glass and has little detail other than what you can see by looking at the devise itself.
    I have fitted a 32 GB TF card and if I am correct, this unlike some can be used to 'add' to the actual memory by allowing you to choose where to save various material like Music, pictures etc.
    15 GB of the 32GB of 'Flash memory' is already taken up with Windows 10.
    I have not yet 'SAVED' anything but I am hoping it will leave just a short cut icon on the Desktop (C Drive) and the bulk of the SAVED program on the TF card as the Galaxy Tab 3 does.

I am still blindly stumbling about trying to find and load some programs/Icons I want but this isnt Android which I dont know how to use the other one.

So far it appears to have an excellent Battery life, far better than the Galaxy Tab3 and a friend who has bought one for his Daughters next year School computer says the screen has a good sharp display.
    I had tried to google this specific model with no joy so I have just rung the company and I have been told they have recently updated their site................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon.........

I reckon we could have a smaller hard drive on the server if you didnt shop at Aldi

I found plenty about them with a Google, not a great deal of positives. I did see someone mentioning the stuff in the user manual is wrong and relates to features it does not have.

Apparently you have an 11 gig hard drive after you do the Windows 10 updates. Adding a memory card does not increase the actual memory, it provides a new one, ie, save to either the internal hard drive or the memory card. Given that the average laptop has a 1 Tb of hard drive space...well, I think that says it all. If its Windows 10, the internal hard drive will likely be C drive and the memory card D, E or F.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I ran into this memory problem with a mobile phone that loaded the memory with the pre installed APPS and left almost no space for any more.
    Thisa problem became worse when I went to update a couple of them, it couldnt handle it because of the lack of memory space.
    I realise the TF card does NOT add to the memory, I worded that badly but it seems that when your loading any programs you can select were to put them, either on the C drive or a 'folder' on the TF card. its exactly the same on the Desktop.
    On the desktop, I have 128 GB on a 1.76 T capacity Hard Drive and on D recovery, 18 GB is used out of 60 GB available, so all up I have barely 300 GB on a 2 TB HD.

This particular model has a 32 GB 'drive' and 4 GB of RAM and according to the display, about 11 GB are taken up with Windows 10.
    At this price I dont expect miracles and I can live with most kinds of short comings as I dont have a massive or critical use for either computer.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!