Thread: isuzu Dmax 2017

Thanks

Default isuzu Dmax 2017

just purchased a new 2017 dmax 3 litre turbo.. question is should the remote start and central locking work with the remote around 120 meters away !!!!!! isuzu here in thailand say it's ok i tend to disagree as if you put remote in pocket it can go off

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,921 Times in 1,282 Posts

Hi zzzzz

I think you will find if you unlock the car and not open any doors it will re-lock itself after approx 30 seconds.

As form the remote start it will probably time out after 7 to 10 minutes.

I know the system we retro fit the engine run time is default to 7 mins and dealer adjustable to max 25 mins they also switch off the engine if the hand brake is released put in gear or the brake pedal is pressed without turning the ignition on 1st.

Also the range on some of the after market units is approx 1k in the open or world wide with the GSM option.

SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

enf (01-12-17)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Yes it is possible at that distance, my remote keys for Toyota also work at that distance, fortunately central locking will if already locked & gets an unlock signal will lock again after 30 seconds if the doors are not opened & mine don't have remote start.

Unfortunately the vehicle has no idea how far away you are when the buttons on the key are pressed, it's whether the signal is able to reach the vehicle or not.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

1 thing i forgot to mention was that if you lock the doors by remote and then check to see if doors are locked the rear doors unlock......to me it appears to be a very poor system considering its how they come out of factory

Premium Member
    Thanks

It's a transponder type key lock the car then put the key 5 meters away then try the doors a lot of cars now detect that the key is very close to the vehicle and will unlock the doors if tried..

Maybe ask if you can have 2 stage unlock activated.

SS Dave
    Last edited by SS Dave; 30-11-17 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post
    It's a transponder type key lock the car then put the key 5 meters away then try the doors a lot of cars now detect that the key is very close to the vehicle and will unlock the doors if tried..

Maybe ask if you can have 2 stage unlock activated.

SS Dave
    if i have to check the doors are locked by placing remote some metres away how would i know if maybe someone will steal the remote... all cars and vans i had over the years never had this problem you lock with remote then if you want to open doors you have to use remote first to unlock
    Last edited by zzzzz; 30-11-17 at 09:10 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Because it takes so much effort to press the unlock and lock on the remote and owners want to walk up to the vehicle and open the door hop in and start the car with out taking the key from there pocket/purse.

Shite it is had enough to get them to push the button on the door handle to lock it.

Yes it i possible to steal new cars with transponder type keys you need some RF knowledge to amplify the 2 way signal from the fob in your house/office and car in your drive way/office car park.

Once the car has seen a valid signal from the fob hit the start button and drive away the car the dash will have a mild fit but will keep running until you stop it or runs out of fuel

SS Dave

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (30-11-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Got a new VF last week that does this. The key will unlock from quite a distance, but the button unlock and start require really close proximity.

A mate couldn't start the car even with me standing really near it.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (01-12-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Here's a little something I found interesting.

My new VF doesn't have a keyed start, but push button. I had wondered what you do if the key battery goes flat, because the flip key part will only get you into the car.

I forgot all about it, but by chance I was looking at an online manual. The cabin power supplies are in a small covered space between the seats. There is a usb, a cigarette plug and a weird oblong recess next to the two. When the key is flat, you unlock the car with the key, then place it in the oblong recess which by some means allows you to start the car with the button. Solved.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (06-12-17)