Thread: Channels missing but only some.

A little bit of everwhere, Cairns, PNG, U.S.
    Thanks

Default Channels missing but only some.

SES 7 108.2E

An odd thing started happening to my paid satellite service (Indovision). Channels started going black/blank.
    My decoder shows them tuned, locked and even 'paid for' with the subscriber card. The EPG is showing data, but there is nothing showing.

My tuners aren't busy with other shows.

I thought perhaps the transponder data had changed so I made sure I had a lock, and then, when I tuned in a working channel, I selected 'show all channels on this transponder' and it seems each transponder is missing channels.

So it can't be a tuning issue, correct? I mean, if I have a lock on a transponder, and I'm getting 18/22 channels...

why would 2 be out?

I thought perhaps that the provider dropped them from the lineup, but after checking with them, no, they haven't.

So I'm trying to determine if the issue is on my end or on the providers.

The provider has been non-responsive for 5 weeks now. I finally got them to agree to go to a 'test site' and test to see if they too are missing the channels. But that so far, has taken days.

Is there something obviously I'm missing?

Thank you for any help.
    -Gimpel

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are you using the Indovision Box or a third party receiver ? (legit subscription or are you using Scam) also which 4 channels are missing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (08-12-17)

Thanks

I am using my own receiver with a legit subscription with paid and real subscription card. It was working perfectly, I have satellite lock and slowly over 5 weeks every channel has gone blank. It sais the channel is paid for, decoded, and locked, but there is nothing to see. The provider is stumped as am I.
    -gimpel

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Which transponders and which channels are you having the problem with?

Thanks

I am assuming Indovision ?? what receiver are you using ?? there have been some issues with 3rd party receivers on this satellite. Knowing what box would help.

Thanks

box = VU Duo+ and has been working for many years perfectly until 1 day 3 channels (from different transponders) stopped working. Other channels on those same transponders were still working.

I contacted the provider who said 'there has been a channel lineup change'. They sent me the new lineup, which still had the channels listed, that I was unable to tune in. (Fox News, BBC NEWS) all channels were news related so I assumed they changed their 'package' somehow on me.

The carrier could not help. They didn't know what the issue was so they called the provider and asked for a sigHUP on the card.
    After that, slowly I lost all channels completely.

I thought maybe the wind moved my dish, but in the tuner setup I still had lock on all transponders and when scanned all channels came through.

So I'm at a lost as to why there is not actual program on the channels. It appears to me as if the provider thinks I am not paying for them any longer.

The transponders that I have lock on, and have scanned channels on:

(all listed here)

-gimpel

Administrator
    Thanks

Given you lost all channels after they did something with your card, suggests it's an access issue.

Are you sure they haven't changed things so that only their supplied box works... eg: no more third party boxes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Given you lost all channels after they did something with your card, suggests it's an access issue.

Are you sure they haven't changed things so that only their supplied box works... eg: no more third party boxes?
    I am thinking the same . It appears in Indonesia they have had to update firmware on genuine subscription boxes to continue to work with Indovision (to combat piracy) I know the latest firmware for my skybox and matrix boxes (local 3rd party boxes) had to be updated to continue to work with Indovision (took them a whole day to release a update). I wonder if there is any updates available for the Vu-Duo+ boxes.
    Unfortunately I can't test from here as I no longer have a S-Band LNB-F on my dish . I will however ask on a few Indo sat forums I am with and see if the have any Info.

Thanks

where r u located and what size dish are you using ?

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syaugi View Post
    where r u located and what size dish are you using ?
    Probably not really relevant in this case, as the OP has stated he has good signals which lock, just will not decode/display.