Thread: Discugusting Buggers, Tradie Pooped in my kitchen sink.

Thanks

Angry Discugusting Buggers, Tradie Pooped in my kitchen sink.

Got a nice surprise while inspecting my new house being built, found that someone had punched one out in my kitchen sink. disgusting buggers, had been there for a day or so as it was ripe.

I first thought it may have been vandals, bored kids etc but no other major damage was done to the house apart from a smashed up gib wall due to poor handling of a object as it was carried up the stairs, Nothing a good gibber cant fix in an 1 hr or so...

So leads me to believe it was a disgruntled Subbie or apprentice being told a rite of passage thing.

While all i can do is shake my head and laugh at the situation, I did take a photo and text it off to the the building site supervisor, also sent him a E-mail with photo attached to ensure he gets it, with the appropriate disappointments and whining...

Worse still is i had nothing to clean it up with and had to leave it in place so its gunna fester even more until cleaned. as we have hot weather forecasted this week i suspect i will issued with a delay notice due to the smell and mess because other tradies wont work there.. (which i wont accept).

I have had a great build experience up until today, so am rather disappointed at this, but keen move on

If the misses had found it she would have gone thermo nuclear over it and causes more headaches than needed, disgusting and all that yes, totally unacceptable but nothing a bit of cleaning and decontamination wouldn't fix... so not worth the grief in the grand scheme of things. if house had been trashed. yes different story.

Any builders or tradies here know about this practice? there was a clean empty port a loo outside the house that could have been used. I have it removed and replaced every Sat with a clean new one. Nothing worse than being forced to go in a thunder box that stinks and should be burnt down...Keep your trades onside and get a good result... (that theory is now busted.)

I have not e-mailed the head office yet. i will give the site super a chance to deal with directly it as he has allowed me onsite to do some work that I should have waited until completion to do.. so don't want to rock the boat too much as i have more if he will let me :P

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Mate, been a Tradie for 30 years.
    Never heard of it....
    You get sacked for that!
    Boss would loose it.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-12-17),snacker (10-12-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I doubt a tradie would do that, maybe an apprentice or site 'cleaner'

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-12-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Your only other short term option would have been to flood the sink with water if it was available and using torn strips of paper (newspaper) wider than the plughole and soaked in water and laid across to keep the water in because you wouldnt have a normal plug available.
    If you were close enough to a retail outlet, a bottle of dishwashing or hand liquid (something thick) and pour it over to sort of seal it until you able to properly clean it up.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Site super got on the case this morning, turns out it was the tirade doing the internal doors, Apparently he had the grumps over the job for some reason i'm not privy to... so he is now gone.... plus has to pay for all the damage to the walls from his lugging the doors around. The builders next door heard him gobbing off to himself, later that day spotted him up on the bench so they snapped some pics with their Mobile, as they where worried they were going to cope the blame... ( supervisor and i are going a case each for them as a thank you.)

Supervisor is royally pissed as he was the one that had to clean it up.. I suggested he just rip the sink out and throw it out and replace it with a new one... and charge it to the guy....

The joys of Building....

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

admin (12-12-17),alpha0ne (12-12-17),lsemmens (11-12-17),mtv (11-12-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

What a fkn moron!

Hopefully the word (or maybe even the pics) gets around the game and no other employer has anything to do with him.

Kudos to the crew next door for nabbing the arsehole.... literally.

Premium Member

Thanks

Having had to clean public toilets both Ladies and Men's (guess whose the worse on both Stations and Trains) I certainly would not be ripping it out but a good clean with Caustic Soda so long as it doesnt damage the sinks surface wold satisfy me.
    Surprisingly good old Baking Soda is both cheap and works well.
    Those others who did the right thing are well deserved of those case's of Xmas cheer for sure and pick 'em a good one.

Those items would be on the list explaining to that low life where the money he was supposed to have got but now isnt, went too.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    turns out it was the tirade doing the internal doors,
    Still, reflects badly on the Building Contractor.
    He has hired him to be on YOUR job....

Bloody hell mate, you seem to be taking it pretty well, i have clients that would be going ape shit.
    And rightly so!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

well, I'm a bit of a realist.. at the end of the day, nothing broken or damaged that cant be fixed. I have had a great run with this company.. this is literally the first screw up. plus they have allowed me access to the site to do quite a bit of work that i technically i was in breach of contract in doing. So for that alone i'm not going to kick up to much of a fuss...

Im not happy about it. and if the misses finds out, kiss house good bye she will cause such a sh*tstorm ( scuse the pun) that the builders will down tools and walk of the job.. not worth it over 10mins of cleaning... If windows or walls had been smashed up big time totally different story...

• The Following User Says Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (12-12-17)

Premium Member

Thanks

This is definitely a case of what the Eye hasnt seen, the heart cant grieve over so except for say there was some damage done by that 'Person' (cant call him a Tradie) to the walls from rough handling those doors whatever and let that be the end of it.
    If she questioned the booze, thats easy explained by saying you had a Xmas bet with them that they couldnt pick which drop of water got to the bottom of the window first and they did............
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-12-17 at 02:39 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

snacker (12-12-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    Site super got on the case this morning, turns out it was the tirade doing the internal doors, Apparently he had the grumps over the job for some reason i'm not privy to... so he is now gone.... plus has to pay for all the damage to the walls from his lugging the doors around. The builders next door heard him gobbing off to himself, later that day spotted him up on the bench so they snapped some pics with their Mobile, as they where worried they were going to cope the blame... ( supervisor and i are going a case each for them as a thank you.).
    I reckon name and shame....who would want this frigging idiot in their house ?

If you get the name and the pics, let us all know. I am sure someone would be happy to drop them on social media and create a "shit storm" for him