Thread: Bosch Solution 3000 Radion Wireless Setup A-Link Plus

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 3000 Radion Wireless Setup A-Link Plus

I bought a Bosch Solution 3000 (v1.2) and got everything I needed to upgrade it to wireless. I downloaded the A-Link Plus software and upgraded the firmware, which caused the software to promptly stop working. Bosch must have released 4.12 recently because I had version 4.11 download the other day and updating to 4.12 fixed the communication problems as I was able to select firmware version 2.0 (which was new in the menu and weird because I thought it corresponded to the version of PCB but whatever). I plugged the Radion B810 receiver in and entered the RFID numbers on the keyfobs and downloaded to the control panel and they were able to arm and disarm the system. EASY. I entered the RFID numbers of the wireless PIR, powered them on and downloaded to the control panel but after I arm the system they do not set the alarm off. I have tried with a normal PIR and the TRI TECH PIR. The keyfobs worked straight away so I am not sure what settings I need to use in A-Link Plus that I am clearly not using. I tried changing Zone -> zone config -> type -> Instant, 24 hour burglar, delay-1 etc and none of them caused alarm to go off. When I put batteries into the PIR they turned on and blinked accordingly. Other than that all the settings are default and Bosch is HARD to find details on. Anyone know anything? This Radion line of gear cant be THAT new

I might go try one of the hardwired PIR's and see what happens. But until then I still need my wireless ones to work Now I understand they power off to some degree to conserve battery but why tf would they turn off when the system is armed? *if* that is the issue here.
    Last edited by motion; 13-12-17 at 02:42 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motion View Post
    I bought a Bosch Solution 3000 (v1.2) and got everything I needed to upgrade it to wireless. I downloaded the A-Link Plus software and upgraded the firmware, which caused the software to promptly stop working. Bosch must have released 4.12 recently because I had version 4.11 download the other day and updating to 4.12 fixed the communication problems as I was able to select firmware version 2.0 (which was new in the menu and weird because I thought it corresponded to the version of PCB but whatever). I plugged the Radion B810 receiver in and entered the RFID numbers on the keyfobs and downloaded to the control panel and they were able to arm and disarm the system. EASY. I entered the RFID numbers of the wireless PIR, powered them on and downloaded to the control panel but after I arm the system they do not set the alarm off. I have tried with a normal PIR and the TRI TECH PIR. The keyfobs worked straight away so I am not sure what settings I need to use in A-Link Plus that I am clearly not using. I tried changing Zone -> zone config -> type -> Instant, 24 hour burglar, delay-1 etc and none of them caused alarm to go off. When I put batteries into the PIR they turned on and blinked accordingly. Other than that all the settings are default and Bosch is HARD to find details on. Anyone know anything? This Radion line of gear cant be THAT new

I might go try one of the hardwired PIR's and see what happens. But until then I still need my wireless ones to work Now I understand they power off to some degree to conserve battery but why tf would they turn off when the system is armed? *if* that is the issue here.

hey mate

right on the same situation, did a 3000 recently and had lot of trouble programming wireless reed switches in, they would not add in and if they did they would not set of the alarm and failed to seal the zone on the keypad, after being on phone to tech support and frustration i discover the b810 recievers range isn't that great, the remote would hardly work and the reciever was on same level as the devices, it was a 2 story townhouse so maybe steel beams in the roof blocking it, Ive used paradox before wireless stuff and they seem to work alot better.

I was advised to installed a repeater for the bosch and see if they helps which looks like the 810 but with a backup battery and requires a 240v plug pack aswell. yet to install to try it out, Ive got 3 har wired pirs which work fine , i was adding in 3 wireless reed switches and 2 wireless smokies.

Im due to return this week to install the repeater to see if that helps.

You are right about the bosch not enough info on it and tech support try to get you off phone as quick as possible.

Thanks

Good lord, that's not news I want to hear. I was only testing everything so it was all laid out on my bed and just checking programming etc so my PIR as only 5 meters away (with door open just outside the room) but still didn't register with the panel. I'll need SOME THING to happen before I spend $250 on a repeater. Fml

Thanks

I am stumped I have tried heaps of waiting in case they are just in sleep mode but some forum spoke of testing the tamper and even that doesn't set the alarm off. PIR does its initial walk test blinks and that's it- no communication with the receiver at all. Key fobs still work and set alarm off when I pressed both (panic alarm) at the same time. I'm not sure if the alarm should be armed or something as I put the batteries in etc, have tried nearly everything I think. The instructions are just a bunch of pictures that are hard to make sense....why not just write a list, instead of drawing stick figures, timers, screw drivers and arrows. It's very confusing but the radion isn't getting the signal from the PIR for some reason
    Last edited by motion; 25-12-17 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

I think in the new firmware there is now an option to tell the zone if it is hard wired or wireless.
    Is the zone you a trying to learn the rf pir to showing as unsealed. If unsealed put a resistor across zone in panel, that should determine if it is a hardwired zone or rf. Cause if it seals then the panel thinks it is hard wired.
    Also try placing rf pir near wireless receiver for testing to see if it is a range issue.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

motion (26-12-17)

Thanks

Yep all zones are showing as unsealed and a resistor caused it to seal. Everything is laid out on the floor in my room at the moment, no range issues. So it thinks it is hard wired. Hard to find what option that is to change using A-link plus
    Last edited by motion; 26-12-17 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks

Changed zone source from 00005100 to 00005101 in A-Link 4.12 and alarm is now functioning. Thank you mate!

• The Following User Says Thank You to motion For This Useful Post:

secure (27-12-17)