Thread: Challenger 10 SE zones won't seal on expanders

Thanks

Default Challenger 10 SE zones won't seal on expanders

Greetings all,

Austech newbie here, hoping someone can help out.

Got a Challenger 10 SE installed which has been in place for about 4 years, earlier this year it copped a lightning strike which took out LAN 2 on the panel but everything else seemed to be ok after replacing the panel. Have since replaced the DGPS, Z/Es and LAN isolators on LAN 2 after intermittent dropouts became more and more frequent (latent damage appearing after some time).

The zones going directly into the DGPs are sealing when they have 10K ohm across them as they should, but the zones going into the 8 input expander won't seal even though they've all got 10K ohm across them. The parts were changed out like for like, dip switch settings all the same as the equipment that came out - I even checked the part numbers to make sure the distributor supplied the right gear.

It's only happening on the 2 DGPs I've replaced, only one Z/E per DGP so dip 5 doesn't need to be on.

Just wondering if there's something I've overlooked, maybe a fresh set of eyes will help. It's not like I'm new to Challenger but to be fair it's not something I work with day in and day out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Go into Installer menu 28, connect to the DGP concerned and change the Expander type to C10 or V8 depending on what you have

Best suggestion before you start is RTFM
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Cheers, that did the trick, funnily enough that was never covered in any training or in the Challenger 10 manuals I've got. I've done DGP and Z/E change overs before and never encountered that, whenever they've been a like for like swap they just work. Everything is running normally on it now. Hopefully that's the end of the problems with this one and no more gremlins appear.

Lightning strikes can produce work for you but can also make for one hell of a headache with the ongoing issues they cause.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ezdog82 For This Useful Post:

xapi (19-12-17)