Thread: Universal Code for Axis brand 12v/240v televisions

Thanks

Default Universal Code for Axis brand 12v/240v televisions

We have an Axis brand TV that receives its signal from either a satellite receiver, or a PVR for our viewing when we are on the road. The remote for the PVR controls the channel changing, as does the remote for the satellite receiver. Neither of these remotes are able though to control the volume setting because they can't be "paired" due to the lack of the necessary Universal Code for the TV. The wholesaler of these Axis TVs does not have the information I'm seeking. In a rush of blood, I tried the Tevion universal remote from Aldi, which supposedly is able to "talk" to the TV and extract the code. It failed in my case. Any suggestions how I can extract the code, or is it possible that this particular brand just doesn't have an embedded code? It's not the end of the earth if I can't do what I'm trying to do, but it just means one less remote. I've obviously already Googled for the code, but nothing useful has come forward. Is it possible that this Axis brand is sold in other markets under another name. Thanks?

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Have you tried a Harmony remote?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Have you tried a Harmony remote?
    No, I haven't. I'm loathe to lay out any money without knowing if it'll work for me.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROTR View Post
    No, I haven't. I'm loathe to lay out any money without knowing if it'll work for me.
    I didn't say to buy one... have you bothered to look up compatibility?

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (15-01-18)

Thanks

I didn't say to buy one... have you bothered to look up compatibility?

Not being a Myharmony expert I take exception to your use of the word "bothered". I would have tried that had I known of it's existence, and from a passing glance beforehand it seemed that I had to be using M$, which I don't.
    Furthermore, what you said was, "Have you tried a Harmony remote"!
    Axis AX-1119 is not recognised.
    Last edited by ROTR; 13-01-18 at 05:16 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROTR View Post
    Not being a Myharmony expert I take exception to your use of the word "bothered". I would have tried that had I known of it's existence...
    It came up for me on a Google search.

I passed it on just in case you hadn't looked.

Gee... sorry you are so fragile to take exception to 'bothered'.

Sorry too that I 'bothered' to try and help you.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (15-01-18),gulliver (14-01-18)

Thanks

It came up for me on a Google search.

I passed it on just in case you hadn't looked.

Gee... sorry you are so fragile to take exception to 'bothered'.

Sorry too that I 'bothered' to try and help you.
    I am not fragile, I just detest people putting a tag on me.

If you're sorry for being bothered, then don't be.

If I can find a solution from someone who reads what they write before sending, then I'll be happy, otherwise,.........

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Its about time the manufactures of things like TV's etc included the codes they use for the remote so that you can match it to an after market remote as most times you cannot buy a genuine replacement for your not working or lost remote.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Its about time the manufactures of things like TV's etc included the codes they use for the remote so that you can match it to an after market remote as most times you cannot buy a genuine replacement for your not working or lost remote.
    Couldn't agree more. The remote for our PVR does have a set of buttons for controlling the TV, and th emanual has the codes associated with the major suppliers of TV's so that part is easy. The problem comes with the lower tier manufacturers, it seems.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

The IR remote codes should be included on a sticker or non removable label along with the model and serial number so it stays available for the life of the devise.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I highly recommend the Harmony remote. These remotes need no codes as long that the original remote is in good working order. If your model is not on there list just connect the Harmony to the computer and face the two remotes to each other. Once you have installed their software it will walk you through the process example: press the on/off button on the original and quickly on the harmony remote on/off button it will learn the command and do the same on other buttons. I own one it works great.

If your near a MSY store they are $35 or at Harvey norman or jb hi fi for $50.

Oh I forgot to mention this remote can be programed to control up to 4 remotes at once.
    Last edited by joezep; 15-01-18 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    I highly recommend the Harmony remote. These remotes need no codes as long that the original remote is in good working order. If your model is not on there list just connect the Harmony to the computer and face the two remotes to each other. Once you have installed their software it will walk you through the process example: press the on/off button on the original and quickly on the harmony remote on/off button it will learn the command and do the same on other buttons. I own one it works great.

If your near a MSY store they are $35 or at Harvey norman or jb hi fi for $50.

Oh I forgot to mention this remote can be programed to control up to 4 remotes at once.
    Thank you but that simply just adds another remote to my arsenal. I am trying to dispense with the Axis remote by using the Panasonic one to control the TV's volume. To do that though I need the Universal Code for the Axis TV. The Panasonic remote does everything else that I need, and with panache.

Thanks

You can program the harmony for both the Panasonic and axis, its just a push of the button which one you want to control. This remote replaces all your remotes in one, just put your originals in a cupboard for safe keeping. Watch these two videos.

This is old but explains you need no codes

This explains with the new software

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    You can program the harmony for both the Panasonic and axis, its just a push of the button which one you want to control. This remote replaces all your remotes in one, just put your originals in a cupboard for safe keeping. Watch these two videos.

This is old but explains you need no codes

This explains with the new software
    Thank you for your interest but I'll stick with my known situation, especially for control of the PVR with its multitude of features/functions.