Sitting here cooling off after being outside digging holes and the thought has occurred to me that I need a simple manner to change sound devices in Windoze.

Firstly, some background. Wife has a computer attached to the TV in her room. As we are both becoming geriatric, neither of us can really read the screen any more so I was going to set up the 'puter next to her bed with a dual monitor setup with one monitor being the TV. Simples.
She currently has a laptop that deals with all of her alarms, I can retire the lappy to the computer next to her bed. She is illiterate in all things computer. She knows how to click on icons to watch her movies and navigate explorer (sort of). What I need to do is set up a simple method for her to change the sound output device from HDMI (the TV) to Speakers (attached to the computer). I know how to re-assign the devices using "playback devices" But I am looking for a method to place a shortcut on the desktop to assign either, failing that rename the devices to say "TV", and "Speakers". She would get confused if she were presented with "Digital Display Audio" or "HDMI audio" or whatever other cryptic name is used to describe such playback devices. Navigating to playback devices is also out of the question.

The only other issue that I'll then face is running a cable to feed picture to the TV (approx 15m around the skirting and up the wall).