Thread: $1000 Apple iPhone "est fini."

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

Default $1000 Apple iPhone "est fini."

For all of you iPhone sheep, who plunked down $1000 for the iPhone 10 . . .

"Apple may well be ditching the iPhone X in the summer of 2018"

" . . . more have noted that the divisive “notch” design and the huge $1,000 price tag were enough to put them off buying the phone."

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

The isheep pay A$ 1830.00 over here for the 256GB iphoneX...now that's huge.

I read if it does fail it's because the Chinese didn't buy enough of them...they are not fans of either the notch, the cost or the screen size.

The fact that there are so many cheaper phones out there that work just as well is not helping either. Apple seem intent on not adding anything new and actually taking stuff away (headphone jack; home button) with each new release.

My current iphone 6 bought in sept. 2014 will likely be the last iphone I ever buy.
    Last edited by mandc; 24-01-18 at 08:18 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

cmangle (27-01-18),gulliver (24-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post

My current iphone 6 bought in sept. 2014 will likely be the last iphone I ever buy.
    same here with all the changes and forced updates i will be looking at the samsung as the next phone

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

cmangle (24-01-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    same here with all the changes and forced updates i will be looking at the samsung as the next phone
    Yep Samsung or Huawei P9/10 for me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

cmangle (24-01-18)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Samsung is no better, with their massive bloat, PITA file transfer and annoying updates that then stuff up features that were working fine before.

Avoid the sheeple fones.

The new Huawei looks good, my neihbours swear by them too (older model) and when he comes over to get me to do geeky stuff with it I have no problems.

I use an Asus that costed me US$200( with Intel processor, can run Windows 10 LOL) has 128GB, true zoomable Lens system with mechanical antishake for correct picture composing without pixel loss, says it has non user replaceable battery but I see no problem replacing it, HAS HEADPHONE/MIC PORT which I can use to do lots of geeky stuff with, HAS SD CARD slot with another 128GB , so I got the whole Wikipedia with images offline and an insane amount of non fiction E-Books and Ecyclopediae, not to mention pretty much every music video I like downloaded from Youtube. I can now be fully offline with it.
    Enough spamming, spying and iSEE-everything-you-do cloud shit.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-01-18 at 09:45 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

cmangle (27-01-18),Rick (25-01-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Samsung is no better, with their massive bloat, PITA file transfer and annoying updates that then stuff up features that were working fine before.
    Please explain? [/Pauline mode] I have an S7 and nothing has given me any issues with updates, File transfers all happen via Windoze explorer as another drive when I plug it in. Side synch works quite well for me, too. That said, I rarely use the phone for internet (like a propper keyboard and screen). FWIW I HATE bits of fruit with a vengeance, every time I've had the misfortune to use one, I've needed that piece of crap they call iTunes which stuffs all my music settings up along with a million other things. To me, Samsung are no better/worse than any of the other Android offerings out there.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

cmangle (27-01-18)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Please explain? [/Pauline mode] I have an S7 and nothing has given me any issues with updates, File transfers all happen via Windoze explorer as another drive when I plug it in. Side synch works quite well for me, too. That said, I rarely use the phone for internet (like a propper keyboard and screen). FWIW I HATE bits of fruit with a vengeance, every time I've had the misfortune to use one, I've needed that piece of crap they call iTunes which stuffs all my music settings up along with a million other things. To me, Samsung are no better/worse than any of the other Android offerings out there.
    Since Android 4.5 or somewhere around then, the device is not shown as a drive on a PC anymore when you simply plug it in.
    You could enable developer options to get it to work but usually you need now third party software for file transfer with Android 6+

On all Android devices except Samsung this works fine, opens the application automatically (I use Android File Transfer) and I have immediate access to the phone storage and extSD card.

With Samsung they force you to use some bloatware called Kies(and you are probably using that) that wants to install 500MB! on my MAC, and me to signup(yes there is another useless transfer app with cloud rubbish) so they have full access to my phone and probably also my PC, just so I can copy my files from my harddrive to the device. Sorry I don't accept that shit. I have a right of privacy.

The filetransfer with the S7 of my wife works only after several attempts and nag screens, unacceptable.
    Her S7 was alway wanting to update but is was working fine so we tried to stop it but eventually it just force updated. It was from Android 6.x to 7 but after that she lost easy to use presets on the camera and other things (that I forgot) that where simple to use and then became awkward. All the useless nag/spam notifications have got worse since the update and confuse her and I can't find a way to stop them or make them disappear automatically.

If somebody is happy with Android 6 then I think it is a harassment to force the user to use a different version.
    This makes Samsung no better then Apple and I(we) will avoid Samsung in the future.

FWIW I am fully aware of iTUNES, I call it Apple's media Mafia and it is fully deleted on all our MACs. VLC works great.
    iOS is only useful once it has has been liberated. Most minor iOS updates are there to thwart jailbreaking. That is what they actually mean with security updates.
    I would never use an iPhone but I do have a (jailbroken) iPad. It is of course always offline just like my Windows PCs.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 26-01-18 at 09:46 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

cmangle (27-01-18)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I am using Android 7.0 and have not used Kies since my Galaxy Note 2. SideSynch was installed on my laptop only to give me wireless access to the phone. None of my other machines have any "connection" software installed and My S7 certainly appears as just another drive in Explorer. There must be something wrong with your windoze setup if you need Kies. (anyway it is really irrelevant - each to his own)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I had to use Kies on an S3, but my S8 was plug n play to copy files from and to the phone & PC.

I went from a Samsung S3 to a Huawei P2 which at the time was touted as being the fastest phone on the market.

I found it to be crap... the GPS never worked, a common issue I discovered and absolutely no response from multiple requests to Huawei support.

As a phone, I found it to be a reasonable camera.

Hopefully, Huawei has improved, but I won't touch another one... once bitten.

Oh and as for Apple, no thanks, have seen too many people have issues with them.

I'm very happy with the Samsung S8, but as others have said... each to their own.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Oh and as for Apple, no thanks, have seen too many people have issues with them.
    My daughter has an $1800 iPhone X ... bought outright, not on contract.
    It has already been replaced once and when this one gets hot the GPS doesn't work.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    My daughter has an $1800 iPhone X ... bought outright, not on contract.
    It has already been replaced once and when this one gets hot the GPS doesn't work.
    $1800.00?... Holy piece of rotten fruit Batman!!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

$1800, I thought I was being extravagant paying just under $1000 for a huawei mate 10 pro outright......

In my opinion the mate 10 is a better phone than the apple.....

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Yep, $1800 plus another $300 for Apple Care.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

cmangle (29-01-18)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

I did a currency conversion thing on the $1000.00USD to AUD and the price should be $1,232.49AUD!

Why are they F**king you Oz boys for an extra $500+ dollars?

Can't be shipping, you're a lot closer to China than we are!
    Last edited by cmangle; 29-01-18 at 04:29 AM.