Thread: Is LG-X230YK Mobile for real

Thanks

Default Is LG-X230YK Mobile for real

I have what appears to be the misfortune of a new LG-X230YK mobile from Office Works in Noosaville Qld who provide no service or advice with the phone. And as per what has become normal there is not user pamphlet in the box with it.
    The first problem is the continual voice directions by an annoying woman's voice advising to double tap then press on each icon function that requires action. This works sometimes after a double tap and sometimes after a slide tap but mostly does not work. I tried an on phone turorial after setting phone up and got stuck proceeding from the 2nd lesson at the end of set procedure and which still keeps popping up. I have been through a supposed user manual online which is next to useless and wonder if most people just return these phones hoping for a refund. And how can I get rid of the annoying woman's voice....Peter B

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Is there a protective clear film still on the screen?

Thanks

Default Is LG-X230YK for real

Yes thanks I did remove that screen protector film which improved the process marginally. I presume it will not work with any screen protector in future. The phone must operate with a completely different process which I am hoping to hear a contributor has mastered and how many weeks I need to put aside to achieve the same and is it worth it in the end.

Premium Member
    Thanks

My LG came with a screen protector already fixed,so maybe you had a double one,lol.

Thanks

Made some progress after LG support explained the double tap with slide on second tap procedure to operate functions which is different to any other smart phone I have known. Plus the infernal instruction voice for blind people can be removed in settings once you find that after a slide down from the bar at top.