Thread: Iphone backup to Linux

Thanks

Default Iphone backup to Linux

For those of you that have been dogged by backing up your iphone to the likes of Ubuntu i have found two easy ways to do so , first one is to buy an iexpand from JB HI FI for around $115 , you can back up directly to the drive then plug straight into your PC no matter what OS your running.

The second workaround is probably my favourite as it costs nothing you download an app called wi fi photo transfer from the app store , as long as your iPhone is on the same local network as your target pc its as simple as opening the app on your iPhone and opening up a browser on your PC and entering the address and port number your connected , the app gives you the address to type into your browser , easy as that.
    Hope this helps someone

cheers

JH

Look Here ->
    Thanks

yep i got the i Flash Drive from ebay for the kid and works well
    the one you pointed to at jb-hifi is the sandisc you can grab a 128gig one on ebay
    for around $100

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

johnhoward (03-02-18)

Thanks

just to expand a bit on the backup usb device this is the one i grabbed
    $25 for a 128 Gb unit from ebay and has apple - pc - android usb connections.

so to get started you install Qreader and scan the label to install the program to
    your apple device.Once installed just plug the unit in and it will ask if you want
    to allow flash reader to access the drive.

Once open you will see it is very simple top use , if the drive is plugged in it will allow
    you to take pictures - video - recordings and save them directly to the drive.Also the unit
    is a godsend in that it backs up your contacts seamlessly and can be transferred to a new phone
    etc simply.

The big plus is that you can upload video to the drive directly if you plug it into your pc
    and can then watch them on the ipad etc this is also the same for your music.

On a side note the down side is that depending on the case you have for the phone - ipad
    you may need to remove it to be able to plug it in.

So all in all a good cheap quick way to expand the apple .

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Easiest way to back up a phone is to avoid all forms of fruit.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Hmmm...perhaps advancing years is hindering my comprehension, but I fail to see what relevance this comment has to the topic under, up until now, intelligent discussion.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (19-02-18)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    NO!!!
    Not avoidable if you are a creative person.

I am certainly not a fan of iOS and Apple's policies but the creative software that is available for it simply finds no match on a Google/Android device.
    Examples are the Korg synthesizer emulators that actually are better than the real thing. There are two concert piano emulators that also blow my ears away.
    There are brilliant quality audio recording apps that cost orders of magnitude less than their Windows counterparts
    And even the simple Garage Band that comes free is quite usable for the beginner or just to quickly try some ideas.

I also designed a tiny two story house that had to fit on a tiny strip of land for somebody overseas using an app on my iPad.
    I could not find anything suitable on Google.
    I have never done this before but the app was very intuitive and fun. Here it is on the site I made to prove I am not BSing around:

I think it is safe to say from my personal experience that 99% of the apps on Google play are utter crap... and I test a LOT OF APPS!

For data transfer between iOS and PCs I have always used ifunbox for both jailed and liberated iOS devices.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 19-02-18 at 10:14 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I should have added a smiley, but I did not expect anyone to take it seriously. I am well aware of the strengths, and weaknesses of either platform.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...