Thread: Transferring of Credit from one SIM to another?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Transferring of Credit from one SIM to another?

I have 2 Telstra SIM cards, one was for a Mobile Phone and the other is in an Elite Wireless Internet modem.

I currently have $8 on the Phone SIM so is it possible to transfer that amount to the other Telstra SIM?.
    Both SIMS will work in each devise, same size etc.

If I can transfer it, I was going to close the one in the phone down as I plan to replace it with one from ALDI.

The SIM in the phone doesnt expire until 2020.

Both SIM's are Prepaid, never been on any plan...........
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Not sure if this is what you need Gordon, but check it out.

Pre-Paid to Pre-Paid

Step 1
    Type m.telstra.com in your browser. You can also access CreditMe2U® by pressing #100#, then Send/call on your mobile and follow the prompts.
    Step 2
    Select the Credit Me2U® option
    Step 3
    Enter the phone number of the mobile you'd like to transfer credit to.
    Step 4
    Enter the amount of credit you'd like to send (between $1 and $10 a day)
    Step 5
    Confirm your request. Make sure you check the mobile number and amount before sending because the transfer can't be reversed or cancelled once confirmed. We will notify you when the transfer is successful. There is a 25c charge for each successful credit transfer. Cap credit cannot be transferred via CreditMe2U®.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Tiny (07-02-18),tristen (23-02-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

I remember reading about this being introduced ages ago to allow anyone one to do a 'quick recharge' between their phones when the situation warranted it but never bothered to look into it.

What I propose to do is get the new SIM first and get it activated THEN have a go at transferring from one to the other.

Thank you most kindly for the Info, Please tell the Boss your worth another Gold Star, no money as we dont want to encourage you to live beyond your means......
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

The 25 cent charge is a bit scungy in my opinion, but it could be really handy in some situations like your kid is out of credit or something and you can send yours. Prepaid is pretty popular now compared to what it was 5 years ago.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

I'll be very interested if you get this to work gordon, I've tried before & wasn't successful.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Administrator
    Thanks

Hmmm, interesting. I remembered it having seen it before over the years but have never used it so let us all know how you go Gordon.

Maybe you can transfer Tiny a few bucks so he can make a call

Administrator
    Thanks

I thought I would post this up as it contains a lot of good information about Telstra Prepaid

All credit to Whirlpool.

• A Credit Me2U transfer comes from the source account's balance and goes to the account balance in the destination account.

• Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile telephony services on any Pre-Paid offer (except Pre-Paid Plus) are eligible to send recharge credit (but only if the recharge credit balance of the sender's account is $1.25 or more).

• Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband services activated before 1 July 2014 are also eligible to send recharge credit.

• Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband services activated on or after 1 July 2014 are not eligible to send recharge credit. (Numerous independent user reports confirm the SMS method has been successfully used to do so, but )

• A Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile (broadband or telephony) service can transfer an integer amount between $1 and $10 in each Credit Me2U transaction. The transaction fee will also be deducted from the sender's account at the same time, so to successfully send $N, the sender's recharge credit balance must be at least $(N+0.25).

• Each Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile service is permitted to transfer up to $10 (excluding transaction fees) to other Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile services in total, within any 24-hour period beginning and ending at midnight AEST.

• Recharge credit cannot be transferred from a Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile service directly back to itself.

• Post-Paid Telstra Mobile accounts can send amounts greater than $10 per Credit Me2U transaction.

• Amounts sent from a post-paid Telstra Mobile account, along with the applicable transaction fees, are billed to the sender's account and charged on top of the service's monthly plan fee.

• Credit Me2U transfers of $10 or less are not treated as a recharge of that amount, even though it will increase the receiving service's recharge credit balance and possibly defer its expiry.

• If the recipient service was activated prior to 4 November 2008, and is on a Pre-Paid offer that was available since before that date, then upon receiving a Credit Me2U transfer, the scheduled expiry of the service's recharge credit balance will be deferred by fourteen days.

• If the recipient service was activated on or after 4 November 2008, and its recharge credit is scheduled to expire in fourteen days or sooner, then upon receiving a Credit Me2U transfer, the scheduled expiry date of the service's recharge credit balance will be set to fourteen days after the date of the transfer.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Tiny (08-02-18),tristen (23-02-18)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

How old is that info?

my problem was, I couldn't find the CreditMe2U option on my account web page via PC or on my phone after dialling #100#.

I just found another variation in procedure which indicates it may be under a different tab on the portal page you get after #100#.
    I'll give it another go when I'm out in reception land, as I'm due to recharge in a couple of weeks & I still have $120 credit yet my wife burns thru $50 every 5 months, lol, yeah I know most people use that in a month or week right!

How to transfer credit between two Telstra Pre-Paid services?

Our Credit Me2U™ allows you to transfer credit between two Telstra Pre-Paid services.

We've included these steps for you to follow:

1. Click on the T Media portal on your compatible mobile phone. You can also enter #100# on your mobile, then press the send/call button.
    2. Select the My tab at the top of the page. If you can't see a My tab, scroll down and select My Account.
    3. Select My Pre-Paid
    4. Select the Credit Me2U™ option
    5. Enter the phone number of the mobile you'd like to transfer credit to
    6. Enter the amount of credit you'd like to send (between $1 and $10 a day)
    7. Confirm your request. Make sure you check the mobile number and amount before sending because the transfer can't be reversed or cancelled once confirmed.
    8. We will notify you when the transfer is successful.

Please note: There is a 25c charge for each successful credit transfer. Cap credit cannot be transferred via CreditMe2U®. The option to send and/or receive credit from a service via Credit Me2U™ may not be available with all prepaid offers, such as Data Pass II and Day2Day. If the option does not appear, please contact Telstra to confirm if your current offer supports Credit Me2U™.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Premium Member

Thanks

I have just spent 2 days trying to get the above info printed out as I need to follow written instructions as my very short term memory is crap when it comes to complex things like not peeing on my slippers and as I am getting older, both my comprehension and patience are getting less every day.

I dont care about the 25 cents but if this turns out to be 'One of Those Bastard Things', I have about a year to use it.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

OK Gordon, I actually managed to do this today on my Samsung S3, I sent $10 to my wifes phone.
    The CreditMe2u option was hidden in the Recharge option. I usually recharge on line on my PC so hadn't seen it.
    No wonder I couldn't find it before.

The following is how it went for me.

1. On your phone keypad enter #100# on your mobile, then press the send/call button.
    2. Select 1: Recharge- to do this you select the blank field below the options & a keypad will appear, then select the 123 button to get a numeric keypad, just type the option number, in this case 1 & send.
    3. A new options menu will appear, at the bottom is the Credit Me2U™ option, type what ever number is beside it into the blank field & send.
    4. Now you will get the option to Type in the phone number of the mobile you wish to send credit to. Type it in then press send.
    5. Enter the amount of credit you'd like to send (between $1 and $10 a day), this was also an option menu with numbers beside the amounts, so type in the option number next to amount, in the blank field as before. press send
    6. Confirm your request. Make sure you check the mobile number and amount before sending because the transfer can't be reversed or cancelled once confirmed.
    7. We will notify you when the transfer is successful; Yes they did & also sent a notification to my wifes phone as well.

Thanks to you Gordon for bringing up the subject & Andrew for his input, even though none of the instructions were correct for my phone.

Don't be disillusioned if you fail the first time, as the menus have a time limit, I failed the first time. So you just start again.
    Yes it cost 25 cents, worth it in the long run.
    Now I got to do it another 10 times to get the excess from my phone to the wifes.
    Last edited by Tiny; 14-02-18 at 06:08 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (14-02-18),gulliver (14-02-18)

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks Tiny for the info which I am sure will be of interest to all.
    I had another 'Brainwave' and that was to put this SIM into slot 2 of this phone and have it there to use.
    The only thing I am not sure of, does the 2nd slot still work as it as its designated as 2G and was for Data possibly.
    Does 2G still exist in any areas or did they switch it off as proposed a few months ago?

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Thanks Tiny for the info which I am sure will be of interest to all.
    I had another 'Brainwave' and that was to put this SIM into slot 2 of this phone and have it there to use.
    The only thing I am not sure of, does the 2nd slot still work as it as its designated as 2G and was for Data possibly.
    Does 2G still exist in any areas or did they switch it off as proposed a few months ago?
    2G gone without a trace!
    So it won't work for anything.
    3G is next to go.
    Just now looking for a suitable 4G phone for my elderly friend.
    Cheers, Tiny

Premium Member

Thanks

By the time I read and tried to make sense of transferring my $8, Telstra had taken care of that for me leaving me with just $1.19 Credit after my Wife rang me while she was out.
    So, I went ahead and activated the 2nd Aldi SIM card plus adding a $15 Value pack and made a right total mess of it.
    BE WARNED, it DONT WORK.
    What I tried to do was put the phone in my Wife's name and pay for it myself using my Visa Card................BIG MISTAKE.
    I ended up cancelling the activation completely and adding it to my account.

It took less than 30 minutes to activate the SIM, add the credit Value Pack and PORT the Telstra number over to Aldi.

So now to decide what to do with the Home land line...............