Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barnaby Joyce - The Great Aussie Flog

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    ....More apologies, more caving to Islam....more endless political correctness....sigh!
    ...and round and round goes the great big wheel, in and out goes the p..... well that's enough of that, but it does seem to be an endless cycle, that appears to be spiralling ever downward, to what? I ain't got clue, but I don't think its going to be good for my grand kids.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

allover (24-02-18),DB44 (21-02-18),enf (21-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

The last straw for me with Barnaby was his support for that ####wit Turnbull. Turnbull's the type of mate where you don't need any enemies. Not wise to turn your back on him, as BJ has found out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Maybe Barnaby was trying to promote himself to China...
    Considering its the year of the dog!
    No...it appears that it's the ALP that are getting all the Chinese money. Numerous articles the last couple of days about it....

Apparently this is in all states according to a couple of papers, although a search is beyond me tonight....this one is Dan the Man...surprised?

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    The last straw for me with Barnaby was his support for that ####wit Turnbull. Turnbull's the type of mate where you don't need any enemies. Not wise to turn your back on him, as BJ has found out.
    I wouldn't turn my back on ANY of them...............
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (22-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

They are to busy with their own agenda to run the Country.
    Personal attacks to individuals are only to improve their ability to get re elected.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    What do you think is more important ? A bloke leaving his wife for someone 20 years younger or someone clearly illegally (by her own admission) sitting in parliament making decisions that she is not entitled to make.
    I think you’ll find that is half the issue with Joyce.

Here is a bloke who has only been validity elected to the parliament for a little over 2 months himself, yet who gets to keep all the perks of being a MP for however many years, despite being a dual citizen himself. Sure, he’s not the only one, but that doesn’t make it right.

Then during the by-election, which we all paid for because of his failure to renounce his NZ citizenship, he portrayed himself as a committed family man with solid family values. While making these declarations he was in an extra-marital sexual relationship with a staffer, and knowing that relationship had resulted in a new child. The hypocrisy there is palpable.

Then, after being a valid MP for only for a little over 2 months, an election that he fought on false values, he expects the public to simple treat his indiscretions as a solely ‘personal issue’ when they come to light.

Nup. No way.

• The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

alpha0ne (23-02-18),David071 (22-02-18),DB44 (23-02-18),enf (23-02-18),exited (23-02-18),gulliver (24-02-18),mtv (22-02-18),ol' boy (23-02-18),Uncle Fester (23-02-18),VroomVroom (23-02-18),wal1 (22-02-18)

Thanks

He must have read your post Peteramjet. He's running away.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Can anybody say they are surprised that its come to this??
    I would have thought it was more a case of WHEN he left most likely both positions, not IF !!!

I hope this this stuff up doesnt affect the Inland Rail project to any great degree because its more important than Joyce's antics.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Can anybody say they are surprised that its come to this??
    I would have thought it was more a case of WHEN he left most likely both positions, not IF !!!

I hope this this stuff up doesnt affect the Inland Rail project to any great degree because its more important than Joyce's antics.
    Who knows...all governments are fickle.

I reckon they finally convinced him that he was unelectable anyway so what was the point of his stubbornness.

Now we can move on to some real problems maybe....although that depends on the press as there is still mileage in this for sure....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Bye bye Joyce, you puppet.

Last edited by ol' boy; 23-02-18 at 05:23 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

be funny if his new squeeze got sick of him and dumped him as well - He said at the press release yesterday that the new baby is due in April. So does that mean the pregnancy started long before he left his wife , which was around December?

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think there has been no question about the timing of events. Hence him "having too" make the December announcement regarding leaving his wife.
    He was cornered
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    be funny if his new squeeze got sick of him and dumped him as well - He said at the press release yesterday that the new baby is due in April. So does that mean the pregnancy started long before he left his wife , which was around December?
    Joyce had left his wife well before the by-election in early December, which is what makes this whole saga an issue. The outright lies during the campaign are what erk me and the people I speak with, not the fact he had the affair - I couldn’t care less who sleeps with who, married or not.

Running a campaign on completely false pretences should have Joyce removed from Pariliament, not just in his role as Leader of the Nats. We complain here when other MP’s openly lie - why not with Joyce? And since he has only been there validly for 2 odd months he should loose all entitlements as well. Enjoy the dole line.

Further, for other MP’s (including the PM) to say they were not aware is simply bolocks. Joyce had moved the out of his home, his wife was not attending any functions, his daughters refused to attend election events, and his staffer was getting moved out of his office and around different jobs - while clearly pregnant. Those who we elected must be more inempt than I thought if not one of them could figure this out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I've got no problem with any of that as long as it's consistent and across the board....but it won't be will it?

People will always find excuses for the people they like and come down harder on those they don't.....or the party they like which is worse IMO.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I think he dumped his wife because it would be an easier scandal to deal with than the scandal of Having a baby with one of his female staff ....

can you imagine the scandal and implications if he had dumped the Staffer who was pregnant with his baby .... ? (in this Harvey Winstein Climate of today)

The Female staffer could then be going after him with sexual harassment etc .... & Women's groups would be up in arms ....

As it turns out someone else has made a sexual harassment claim about him ...... & this was probably the reason he had to quit his job in the end
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 24-02-18 at 12:07 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Super Moderator
    Thanks

My guess would be that whatever he may have done in the past was probably fine by the standards of the time, but maybe not.....but I'm not going to read any more muck and drivel to find out.

I see that she's upset that her name is out.....really? I can't see why she would expect to anonymously accuse someone without consequence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I've got no problem with any of that as long as it's consistent and across the board....but it won't be will it?
    Gotta start somewhere - what better place than with a bloke who has been pulling a wage (and getting the pension benefits) as an unlawfully elected MP for the last 17 years.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Evidently, accordingly to a reporter, there are at least 6 MPs having affairs with their staffers at the moment, hope they are good looking!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (24-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Evidently, accordingly to a reporter, there are at least 6 MPs having affairs with their staffers at the moment, hope they are good looking!
    Kind of like the Travel Expenses saga

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

And like all snouts in the trough.... the only regret they have is getting caught.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-02-18)

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast