Thread: Anyone in Oz deal with Tmart.com?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

Default Anyone in Oz deal with Tmart.com?

I just had a VERY BAD and SUSPICIOUS event with a company called "TMART.COM".

I ordered some items and 12 hours later there was no confirmation of the order or payment. When I contacted their live chat person they wanted me to send "PHOTOCOPIES" of my credit card to prove authenticity !! I advised them I have made over 500 online purchases and NEVER has the validity or authenticity of my payment source been in question. Not ONCE, EVER!

I commented in live chat with one of their representatives, " if the police can lookup whether or not I'm a criminal in seconds, and 12 hours later your guys don't know who I am, maybe they should use the police computers? 8^)"

The request for the photocopies sounded VERY SUSPICIOUS and I refused to send "PHOTOCOPIES" of my credit card. They then canceled my order. My bank, as well, advised me NOT to do so. Can you smell off shore (they are based in Honk Kong) online theft?

Address: TMART LIIMTED
    Flat/RM 1502, Easey Commercial Building, 253-261 Hennessy Road, WanChai, HK
    Company registration number: 52276817-000-05-16-9
    TEL: +852 8197 7220
    Email Address: service@tmart.com

Look Here ->
    Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Have you checked the online reviews?

They replied to someone else who had the same problem as you.
    Reply from Tmart
    Published Tuesday, 30 January 2018
    Dear customer,
    Sorry for so much inconvenience.

In order to confirm the security of your order, we need a photo of your credit card (You can cover the former digits and only leave the last four and your name to be seen by us.)for check.

Please don't worry,we will not let your information out.

Or we can help you cancel order for refund if you do not like this situation.

In order to be more efficient to solve your problem, you can also try our online service:

Have a nice day

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

cmangle (14-02-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

'Confirm the Security of your Order?? That's done when the Credit card company or Paypal makes 'available' your payment to the seller.
    I have bought about 200 items on Ebay, maybe a dozen with Business's for various items and never once have they wanted to 'Confirm the Security of the Order'.
    Some firms do wait until the actual payment is in their account, not the advise its been made as others do but I have no problem with that so long as I get what I have paid for.
    Those who send a receipt for the purchase and quote your account or card number usually only show less than 4 digits on the advise.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

cmangle (14-02-18),enf (14-02-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    'Confirm the Security of your Order?? That's done when the Credit card company or Paypal makes 'available' your payment to the seller.
    I have bought about 200 items on Ebay, maybe a dozen with Business's for various items and never once have they wanted to 'Confirm the Security of the Order'.
    Some firms do wait until the actual payment is in their account, not the advise its been made as others do but I have no problem with that so long as I get what I have paid for.
    Those who send a receipt for the purchase and quote your account or card number usually only show less than 4 digits on the advise.
    Ditto
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

cmangle (14-02-18)

Banned

Thanks

Thanks WhiteOx for the links, I found it AMAZING but not unbelievable that there were more, a lot more, negative reviews/comments than positive!

Over half of the reviews at Tmart's OWN review page were negative and two reviews (for as far as I read, about 20 of them then quit) had the same suspicions about sending photocopies of the credit card used. As i said above my bank STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO DO THIS.

The au.trustpilot.com/review/www.tmart.com, website GOOD/BAD ratio was even worse for Tmart.com

Banned

Thanks

I can't believe this . . . Tmart responded to my complaints with an email and asked if I would like to reorder with the photocopies of my credit card?

What? are you F**KING illiterate? Did I type in an unknown language? You ain't getting ANY photocopies!

"Tue, Feb 13, 2018 09:01 PM, 180213F4PYSX
    Dear Valued Customer, Thanks for your letter. It is my pleasure to help you.
    We need photo just to protect the safety of your payment(MY PAYMENTS HAVE NEVER BEEN IN JEOPARDY BEFORE) .Thank you for your understanding again .
    We are sorry to tell that your transaction was refused.You can confirm with your issuing bank about the cancelled authorization
    .Moreover, if you want to continue with this order, please place a new order and submit us the required materials if necessary. When the identity is verified,order processing will be expedited."

To which this was my reply . . . .

"I find it utterly UN-professional and UN-business like this verification practice you have instituted here. This shit don't fly in the USA.
    My bank vehemently advised me NOT to send you any photocopies . They are instituting a fraud investigation into your company.

I also read reviews/comments from your OWN Tmart "comment page" where negative comments were greater than positive ones including this PHOTOCOPY horseshit you require. Because I don't like your verification process, the only other option is to cancel my order??

Take a look at my Facebook post below, regarding this hacker/scam tactic of yours, in that I am "NOT THE ONLY ONE" who thinks this is a scam.

Good luck with your dwindling business growth as I will inform as many people as possible, in as many social media outlets as possible, NOT TO DO BUSINESS with Tmart.

READ the comments/reviews in the two links below (one being your OWN comment page), and then try to tell me I am in the wrong!!! And then you have the audacity to ask me to order again???

Nobody has EVER accused me of fraud or suspicious activities. My name is not listed ANYWHERE as trying to steal cheat or defraud ANY vendor, yet YOUR company name, TMART, is listed NUMEROUS MULTIPLE times in multiple places, for various scams and item frauds and this suspicious photocopy requirement.

So who is not to be trusted here? Me or TMART?

Below is my post on Facebook and other social media sites . . . .

"I found it AMAZING, but not unbelievable, that there were more, a lot more, negative reviews/comments than positive!

Over half of the reviews at Tmart's OWN review page were negative and two reviews (for as far as I read, about 20 of them then quit) had the same suspicions about sending photocopies of the credit card used. As I said above my bank STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO DO THIS!

The au.trustpilot.com/review/www.tmart.com, website GOOD/BAD ratio was even worse for Tmart.com"

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I think you're only going to confuse them more with that reply.
    You probably should've written it in broken english if you wanted to get the message across.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

cmangle (15-02-18)

Thanks

I would have stopped arguing with them long ago. An online retailer, who has many negative reviews and shows signs of wanting to handle my credit card data in ways that potentially violate the would send me running for the door. I'm sure you can buy whatever it is that you are after from a number of more reputable vendors.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

cmangle (15-02-18)

Banned

Thanks

whiteox and shred I agree. They apparently have no understanding of the English language other than "send us photocopies" and shred I found everything else some where cheaper with out photocopies.

AGAIN today they ask if I want to re-order . . . . . (with photocopies of course)!

Cimi, ARE you illiterate?

My bank STRONGLY advised me NOT to send you a photocopy of ANYTHING!

How YOU/TMART think this is a VALID request when my BANK thinks it is tantamount to fraud and theft is stupefying.

They have initiated a FRAUD investigation on their own!

I got EVERYTHING I ordered somewhere else CHEAPER.

I have adblocked your company and reported you as fraudulent scam artists.

I will NEVER be doing any business with you/TMART, and will insist that none of business associates do either.

---------- Original Message ----------
    From: "Tmart After-sale Customer Service" <service@tmart.com>
    To: cmangle@****.com
    Subject: Re:Re:BAD and LAST experience with TMART
    Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 1723 -0800 (PST)

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your letter. It is my pleasure to help you.

We are sorry to tell that your transaction was refused.You can confirm with your issuing bank about the cancelled authorization and the credit will be shown in your account within a few days.Moreover, if you want to continue with this order, please place a new order and submit us the required materials if necessary. When the identity is verified,order processing will be expedited.

Thanks very much for your understanding again

Best wishes,
    Cimi
    Tmart Service Team

Last edited by cmangle; 22-02-18 at 09:35 AM.