Thread: P1 plates over 25

Thanks

Default P1 plates over 25

Hi All

I have a friend who has a L plate, around 29 years old. I have a Falcon that i no longer use it has a 5L V8 engine. i have been looking at the Queensland Transport site and it says about limitations on engine sizes but it always mentions under the age of 25. so to me that either reads that they have not considered the possibility people over the age of 25 would still have a learners permit or the restrictions do not apply over that age. Queensland transport opens on monday so i can call and ask but does anyone know?

Regards

Barry

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

The rules state:

High-powered vehicle restrictions

High-powered (performance) vehicle restrictions apply to P1 and P2 licence holders under the age of 25.

These restrictions also apply if you are returning from a disqualification to a P1 or P2 probationary licence, and you were under 25 at the time of the offence. These restrictions apply for the duration of the probationary period regardless of your age.

If you are caught driving a high-powered vehicle and you do not hold an exemption, you will receive a fine and demerit points.

From what I can tell, there appears to be no restriction for learner drivers in relation to high-powered vehicles.

The above applies to P1 and P2 licence holders under the age of 25 and no restriction if the licence holder is aged 25 or over, with the provision that the driver is not returning from a disqualification to a P1 or P2 probationary licence, and was under 25 at the time of the offence.

Always pays to get the info clarified/confirmed.