Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just When You Think His Stupidity Can Go No Further

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Default Just When You Think His Stupidity Can Go No Further

Sigh!

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-02-18),mkhannah (23-02-18)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Yeah, that's the problem Donny. Not enough guns. :/

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

allover (22-02-18),enf (24-02-18)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Thats EXACTLY the same argument put out by that US Gun Lobby that if they 'Had more Good Guy's with Guns' etc, etc but no sooner had the words left that dickheads mouth, when one of their GOOD GUYS' go nuts and shoot the bloody place up killing or wounding several.
    I am sorry I cant recall WHICH GOOD GUY, Where at, How Many and WHY as I have stopped keeping score any longer.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 23-02-18 at 10:43 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Onefella (22-02-18)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

And the countdown begins to when an armed teacher snaps and starts killing the students they are supposed to protect.

Don't forget Mr. President... the teachers will of course need bigger guns and more of them, than the 'bad' guys.

What a complete f'kn moron!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Pretty sure Teachers aren't paid enough to face a phsyco kid with an AR15 and backpack full of amo
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-02-18),VroomVroom (23-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,289 Posts

i heard that comment about teachers with guns on the news and thought did he really just say that. he has said sum dumb things but this takes the cake
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default Not stupid, just survival.

Trump has no other option but to say what he has been told because it is the worlds most powerfull mafia lobby who is holding a gun to HIS head.

Of course the NRA claims the Democratic "Elite" is behind questioning the lack of gun regulation:
    Since when are high school students now "elitists" ?

Democratic Elite is an oxymoron, as the last time I looked they supported the poor with welfare and healthcare which the true Elite Republicans seek to destroy.

The only reason why WE have proper gun laws is because we don't have a trillion$ weapon industry and an elite gunlobby, just a small Shooters Party.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-02-18 at 10:40 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Onefella (25-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

And then give the headmaster a bazooka.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

We must remember we are talking about the USA. I remember year ago in the US where Banks were sick and tired to be held up so they wanted to hire security Guard (better still mercenary working for there own country) and one of there qualification they must have is they must have evidence that they have killed before in the Military. Now that a Good idea.
    We should not criticized the yanks for what they do, America its a Gun country that's it! so because we are different to them we must respect them for what they choose. I say give the Teachers Guns, then give the Security guards in the school Guns too and have FBI agent doing the gardening bigger guns to scrutinize the security if they go bonks and the Teachers where some of them will go Bonks if not already. Just think of the Employment opportunities here.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

This particular school apparently had an armed guard who ran away........
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    And the countdown begins to when an armed teacher snaps and starts killing the students they are supposed to protect.

Don't forget Mr. President... the teachers will of course need bigger guns and more of them, than the 'bad' guys.

What a complete f'kn moron!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-02-18),mandc (24-02-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Yes rumor is it was a WOMAN!. Well if this is the case it what ever the gender should be Charged. Woman today want men's jobs but when something happens they want to disappear. Look how many woman today are in the Australian armed Forces today bossing men and wherever a WAR start one day they will shi.t themselves and will run back to their kitchen.LOL.

Thanks

Hey come to think about this, I remember seeing a movie where a Teacher went to school with a loaded GUN and placed it on his table as he was sick and tired of the pupils behaviour. Now "WHAT THE MOVIE CALLED". Now this movie was decades ago.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont think the requirements are very high for anybody to be an armed security Guard in most parts of the USA.
    I KNOW its a joke but you only have to see films like 'Paul Blatt' Mall Cop' 1 & 2 and a few others to get an idea of how its done.
    Here in Australia when there was a spate of Bank and Credit Unions being held up a few years ago, the eventual response was to install 'barriers' between the Bank staff and the robbers which seems to have been mostly effective but I had the impression this idea wasnt favoured elsewhere.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Just When You Think His Stupidity Can Go No Further

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes rumor is it was a WOMAN!. Well if this is the case it what ever the gender should be Charged.
    Confirmed it was a male - Sheriffs deputy. He has stood aside, as he should.

It does, however, show the absurdity of the NRA’s slogan that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun’”. That BS argument has been proven here, more so than over, to be completely false.

It also shows the absurdity of suggesting teachers should take on the responsibility of being ‘armed guards’, considering an actual trained armed guard couldn’t do anything himself.

Proper gun control and restriction needs to be used to stop the bad guy getting a gun - then he won’t need be stopped while using it.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 24-02-18 at 01:24 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-02-18),mtv (24-02-18),OSIRUS (24-02-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the issue (apart from the yanks generally being gun-crazy) is their constitution, specifically the section of the Second Amendment, which includes: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms".

I think they need to make it more specific about which people and which arms and under which circumstances, rather than a 'blanket' coverage.

Yes, there are various state rules/laws etc, but the argument against any form of gun control always comes back to the second amendment.

The bottom line is to make it as difficult as possible for nutters to obtain weapons, of any kind.

Sure, crims will always be able to obtain weapons, but most, if not all, these mass shootings, particularly in schools, are not committed by your typical bank robber or mafia thug etc.... they a perpetrated by average (unstable) citizens who have been allowed to purchase and posses their weapons legally.

The American lawmakers need to treat the cause of the problem... not the symptom.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Never going to happen as much as almost everyone here sees the need. It would cause a civil war....

It's sad, but just leave'm to it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (24-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

As shocking as it is to we 'outsiders', these events are likely to continue until the majority of US citizens have had enough and demand changes.
    It's a US problem and the solution will have to be a US one when they're ready for such a change.

Administrator
    Thanks

It turns out... a total of 4 Broward County Sheriff's deputies did not enter the building, but cowered behind their cars.

Yep... those trained professional armed officers, were cowered cowards!

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Not that simple in my view...I wouldn't call them cowards without knowing more (although a bog ignorant president might)..How long had all four of them been there? Maybe it was only one for most of the time.

What were their pistols? 38's? How much ammunition did they have? Go into an unknown situation, against an unknown number of hostile intruders who were heavily armed....sounds like potential suicide to me, something that they are probably not paid or adequately trained to do. They weren't SWAT.

IMO, the whole situation is tragic and prone to misinterpretation.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast