Thread: DAS-DL150 Home Security System Error

Thanks

Default DAS-DL150 Home Security System Error

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I'm hoping a clever person can give me some advice on a problem I'm having with our DAS-DL150 security system.

We moved house a couple of years ago. The house we moved into was built in the year 2000 and came with a DAS-DL150 security system installed. I assume the alarm system was fitted when the house was built. The keypads are branded Vacumaid, but look like the stock DAS keypads. We had a lot of trouble with false alarms when we first moved in, and I replaced the original PIRs with Bosch Blueline PIRs and the false alarms stopped.

Last night we got home and the home alarm had gone off at same stage while we were out. I entered the security code and reset the alarm but the LED for PIR2 kept flashing. I did a complete power down (battery disconnected) of the system but the fault remained. I then swapped PIR3 and PIR2 but the LED for PIR2 keeps flashing - that is, the fault did not follow the PIR itself. If I walk past PIR2, the blue LED comes on and then goes off again after a delay, so it looks like it has power and is operating normally.

The PIRs are wired up with the 4 wire scheme with a resistor in circuit. The alarm can not be armed whilst the LED is flashing.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be or what further fault-finding I can do?

Thanks very much

Peter
    Last edited by big_pierre; 25-02-18 at 04:50 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Disconnect the cable from zone 2 in the panel, put a 3.3k resistor across z2 and common. If the fault clears, you have a cable issue. If not throw the 20 year old DL in the bin and replace with a Reliance.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Thanks

we get this in monitoring all the time.

even when the system is disarmed the sensors will still pickup on movement and the channel will flash on the keypad. Or if detecting something will stop an arming.

spy on the sensor from out the way, so you are not triggering it yourself and see if it lights up randomly.. it will be detecting something in the room. curtains blowing, indoor plants waving/blowing.
    even a shaft of light on a certain angle at certain time of the year will consistently trigger the system year after year.

else wise follow Brendan's advice above, im not a tech, i just see the signals and recognize the patterns

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_Dodd View Post
    Disconnect the cable from zone 2 in the panel, put a 3.3k resistor across z2 and common. If the fault clears, you have a cable issue. If not throw the 20 year old DL in the bin and replace with a Reliance.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Haven't had chance to spend much time on this. I disconnected the "signaling" pair from the PIR terminals and connected each leg of the pair to the resistor ( measured resistance at about 3K with multimeter), the LED on the keypad stayed flashing. I then just shorted the pair and the LED on the keypad stopped flashing. So I suspect the cable may have gone HR. I then was able to arm the system. When I disarmed the system, the perm flashing keypad LED returned no matter what I did with the cable at the PIR end. On the weekend I'll try the resistor test you advised inside the control box. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks
    Last edited by big_pierre; 01-03-18 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks

Had a look today. Believe it or not, the signaling pair has gone open circuit. The 12V pair is fine. Reterminated both ends, but no change. I've just left the resistor in circuit on the panel to get the rest of the house working for now. March in Brisbane is not a good time to be crawling around in the ceiling. I'll get up there and have a look when it cools down a bit. Thanks for the advice - Pete

Thanks

If it's an import zone that you can't be without, you could always configure it as a 3 wire - single wire return as a stop gap measure until you can repair / replace the cabling. I would be surprised if you have lost two legs of the four. Better to have it working short term this way then be without the coverage.

Thanks

I'm pretty new at this. I assume that I connect the good wire to one of the NC terminals on the PIR and then put the resistor in circuit between the the other NC terminal and the -12V terminal. I guess the other end of the good wire would connect to the zone terminal on the panel. Does that sound right? Thanks
    Last edited by big_pierre; 10-03-18 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big_pierre View Post
    I'm pretty new at this. I assume that I connect the good wire to one of the NC terminals on the PIR and then put the resistor in circuit between the the other NC terminal and the -12V terminal. I guess the other end of the good wire would connect to the zone terminal on the panel. Does that sound right? Thanks
    correct, not designed for a permanent fix, just use as a temp get out of gaol fix.

Thanks

Thanks bss904. I'll give the workaround a go and get up in the roof and see if I can do the permanent fix when it cools down a bit