Thread: Quite disheartening

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Default Quite disheartening

Hey guys, so yeah, I guess I've been a bit quiet for a long time on here. Did not really have much to post to be honest, just thinking about a lot of stuff over the last few months and watching everything unfolding, you know, as one does when you switch on the world news, etc.

OK, so I know I don't really have to point it out, but sometimes I can have a viewpoint that is very different from that of others, even outside the "normal" or perhaps even "sane" range. I fully accept that.

You know, I am completely willing to admit and say it - I'm not a good person by any stretch of the imagination, I have anti-social behaviour sometimes, and I probably told more lies in my life than I did the truth. I admit I am quite the strategist and sometimes have a plan.

And then I turn on the TV...

From the moment the first pretty face and voice speaks, for however long they talk... I think... You know, I've never heard so many lies in my life other than when I was telling them.

It perturbs me... the professionalism by which these messages laden with untruths, hate, etc. are being touted nonchalantly, and the expected acceptance that dominates the tone of voice.

The political turmoils that I witness, not only in my own country, but around the world... they make one think, long and hard. I often find myself asking what does this mean going forward from here on in?

I have watched influential business people outright steal money from a state, through practices such as money-laundering, I have watched powerful politicians outright violate an iron-clad constitution. I watch people violate the rights of others on a daily basis - all in the name of correcting perceived injustices, some from long ago.

In short, I see people operating outside the "rules", and they are winning. Always.

There's always a reason. A justification.

It seems like it just became like this overnight.

Why does it feel like just yesterday, when things still seemed to be conducted so fairly, and everything that was in place, all the rules, still seemed to work so well.

It's like this whole thing has happened just like the climate change thing - you blink your eyes and suddenly you are in a different game - there has been a huge change from how things used to work. And it happened with nobody noticing it.

It seems like you can longer trust the laws and constitution that says "This and that is not supposed to happen."

People are openly breaking these laws and the people openly accept it! They have a reason, a justification. How the f...?

So, what happens now? What happens when the laws, constitution and everything else (of a state) no longer matter? It clearly doesn't.

One is simply now subject to the out-lashings of the irrational, the hateful, the vengeful, the criminal. The crazyman's opinions and actions rule supreme. Law and order, rationality - all powerless.

I hate to bring up what I said on here once before - but all that stuff they teach you when you're a kid, the schooling and conditioning of modern mankind - how to be an upstanding citizen, be rational, kind, social not anti-social. Sh*t that's what my parents taught me, what your parents taught you - respect, love, all that stuff.

How does this help me now? I sit in a situation where I can be a target anytime anywhere, because I am a certain someone.

I realize whilst I was trying to be a "good person", there were individuals solely focusing on "stocking their larders." And guess what, they win again. Guilty as sin, but flying off into the sunset on their private jet, to paradise. When they've had enough of watching the crises unfold, and watching "ordinary" people like me suffer at the hands of sick irrational monsters...

They turn off the TV.

And I can't.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Looks like you have a lot on your mind mate.

The current system looks set to stay. The only thing that might change the dynamic is some sort of global catastrophe where people with money are no more better off than people without.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

irritant (12-03-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Yeah, I guess. Just all this stuff you know. Like, you hear for so many years: "That's very unlikely to happen", "That's not supposed to happen", "We have an iron-clad this and that"... etc.

Then in one year everything unravels, all those fail-safes - utterly useless. The people who screw others win. Untouchable.

And that's the thing. Like you say a global catastrophe that equalizes everyone, but I guarantee there would be some kind of way-out for certain individuals again. There always is. And they control it.

I just feel like my whole life has been a lie. I feel like 90% of people on earth live a lie. Like a person was kept in the dark, distracted, kept busy with social "obligations" if one could put it that way, whilst the people who "knew" had an uninhibited path because everyone else was now out of the way, too distracted with other stuff to notice them sneaking out the back door and riding the elevator to the top. Everyone else was looking for the fabled "ladder" because they were told it was "the right way".

I don't know, guess I'm not making sense perhaps.

I promise, I am sober writing this.