Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Life and times of a black hole

Thanks

This I found interesting but puzzling . "Any schoolboy can estimate the size of a black mass at the center of each galaxy."
    They make no mention of galaxies with two or more black masses (barred) in them but I suppose you can just assume the mass estimated is halved

"Anyone can now look at an image of a spiral galaxy and immediately gauge how massive its black hole should be."
    "This implies that black holes and the discs of their host galaxies must co-evolve," says Dr Davis.
    "Importantly, the relation will also help searches for the suspected, but currently missing, population of intermediate-mass black holes with masses between 100 and 100,000 times the mass of our Sun. Difficult to pin down, they have masses greater than that of any single star, but are smaller than the supermassive black holes which grow to billions of times the mass of our Sun in giant galaxies," Prof Graham says.

Its good to see that the "scientists" seem to have finally accepted the theory that each galaxy has at least one black mass at its center and the whole system is run by gravity. Now I just have to get through to them the idea that it expands and contracts regularly over billions of years and I will be home and hosed!
    Last edited by tytower; 21-07-17 at 08:44 AM.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues best done by a central body in the country.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Thanks

Not many supernova have been observed to date . Below is a link to a discussion about one extra bright supernova that happened 10 Billion years ago.
    My interest is that it is very far away and very bright and I wonder if it just might be the the central supermassive black mass of a galaxy exploding as part of its galacy's continuing evolution from very dense to very widely distributed but still gravitationally together as a galaxy. Now all falling back together .

Last edited by tytower; 22-07-17 at 08:43 AM.
    My Health , my Family and my Property are not Government business. Governments should do what they were designed to do . Govern the issues best done by a central body in the country.

To defeat corruption in the public service , give them three times the penalty. Have them agree on hiring.

Thanks

I find it unfortunate though that people are wasting good money studying what they can't see and can't identify and probably does not exist despite their assurances that it does. May as well be chasing ghosts and apparitions.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,450 Posts

Interesting that they show pictures of cold-dark matter. I wonder how much time and effort it took to take those piccies. I reckon I could have given them a hundred piccies at a fraction of the cost in time and money. Heck, I'll even use my own camera to take the photos of the cold-dark matter sitting across the room from me now. (If I suddenly disappear - you know she got me )
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tytower View Post
    This I found interesting but puzzling . "Any schoolboy can estimate the size of a black mass at the center of each galaxy."
    They make no mention of galaxies with two or more black masses (barred) in them but I suppose you can just assume the mass estimated is halved
    The reason they do not mention barred spiral galaxies in particular is simply because it has no relationship to the central mass of the galaxy.
    Instead you've jumped to this conclusion. What is your evidence to suggest that barred galaxies have two central black holes?
    <I suspect we won't see an answer from Tytower.>

Its good to see that the "scientists" seem to have finally accepted the theory that each galaxy has at least one black mass at its center and the whole system is run by gravity.
    You make it sound like you came up with this concept first and it is only now that they agree with you personally.
    Reality is that science proposes a theory and looks for evidence to support it before it makes the claim to being true or a close match for reality.

Tytower proposes a theory and waits for evidence to agree with him and then claims the universe is copying him. When evidence doesn't agree with him, he ignores it.

Now I just have to get through to them the idea that it expands and contracts regularly over billions of years and I will be home and hosed!
    What is not lacking here Tytower is your motivation or self confidence (maybe too much, but I'm not going to pour cold water on your enthusiasm).
    What is lacking is just cold hard evidence. You have absolutely none. This is a common thing with your posts. Misquoting and misunderstanding, serial lack of evidence has built a lack of credibility.

Lets consider your next claim...
    ...it just might be the the central supermassive black mass of a galaxy exploding
    It might also be magic pixies. You will notice that my magic pixie claim has the same amount of evidence to support it as your 'exploding black hole' claim. None.
    Would you care to elaborate on how and by what mechanism a black hole can explode?

I find it unfortunate though that people are wasting good money studying what they can't see and can't identify and probably does not exist despite their assurances that it does. May as well be chasing ghosts and apparitions.
    Are you running for the office of Pope? Because this kind of statement wouldn't even float in the 18th century let alone the 21st.

What Tytower is saying is.... "If you don't know what something is, or why something happens then don't bother trying to understand or discover what causes it.

This ISN'T how science is done, it's how a cult is run.
    Worse is when the cult leader claims that he knew the answers all along and nobody listened to him. It is science conspiring against him.
    Or rather that his claims were so weak and meaningless that they could be twisted to support any position he takes in the future.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789