Thread: tait logic boards

Thanks

Default tait logic boards

i was wondering if it wa spossible to swap the logic board on a tait 2020 from a vhf unit onto a uhf unit?

the reaon i ask is that im trying to do the swap, my vhf, on the logic board has, the 2 cables on the right hand side that connect to the main board, then it has the cable that connect to the head unit, but it also has another small 4 wire going from the logic board split between the main board and the cellcall board, but the UHF rqadio dosent have this cable and has a different cellcall board, if i remove this wire will it still work is the big question i need to know

the UHF is a series 1 model and the VHF is a series 2, could tis be the difference?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

common anybody at all wanna help? or suggest?

Thanks

yep, I've swapped logic boards over in Taits, swapping a UHF 2010 and VHF 2020 - ending up with a UHF 2020.
    But this was all from series 1 Tait 2000's.

With your difference, just try removing the wires that have nowhere to go - you can't hurt anything so long as you don't connect up anything backwards for example.

Thanks

you can swap s1 and s2 t2000 but there are some early s1 models that you either could not or you had to mod something,

Sorry i can not remember its been a while since working on the taits or any radio for that matter.

CVLAIS

Thanks

on further inspection ive found out that the uhf rf board is on a 2010? and my other is definatly a 2020, only a few small differences when put side by side comparing the 2 rf boards, but the 2010 dosent have the small board at the front that the remote head wire connects to, so im thinking im going to have to scuttle the old rf board and drop in the new one since there are no screw holes for the small board on the 2010 case.