Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DishWasher Help

Thanks

Exclamation DishWasher Help

i have a Haier HDW101SS (EURO) Stainless Steel Dishwasher. Im confused on how the inlet and outlet hoses are conected. i installed it but it wasn't loading much water thru the filter area and the washes arn't turning. It was connected to the hot water tap and now it just drains constantly.im hoping to save money on a installer and do it myself and any help would be very much appreciated..

Look Here ->
    Thanks

sounds like it is flood mode, some water has gotten into the bottom tray.
    Is it possible to tilt the d/w so that the water can be emptied out?
    woteva

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelly75 View Post
    i have a Haier HDW101SS (EURO) Stainless Steel Dishwasher. Im confused on how the inlet and outlet hoses are conected. i installed it but it wasn't loading much water thru the filter area and the washes arn't turning. It was connected to the hot water tap and now it just drains constantly.im hoping to save money on a installer and do it myself and any help would be very much appreciated..
    The outlet hose goes onto the pipe that comes off the trap under the sink.
    I don't want to insult you but if this is a new install, did you drill out the center of this pipe before connecting the outlet hose to it?
    If this is just a replacement dishwasher,obviously it has already been done.

The inlet hose should just screw onto the tap under the sink.
    Also check if any packing has been left in the machine under filters etc.

Thanks

the sink has a t conector off the hot water tap 1 to the d/w and the other to the tap.the d/w drains good the pipe has a hole..i have notice that there is 2 holes 1 on top and 1 on the bottom of the cabinet where the hoses go.do i feed them from the top or the bottom and the hose that pumps the water into the d/w is there a certain way or angle it must be done. If its a flood mode which way do i tilt it and does it have to be running.thanks

Thanks

tilt it anyways with the power off then turn it on & see hwat happens
    woteva

Thanks

i gave it a tilt twice - alot of water ended up on the floor then i turned it on and it sounds like its draining alot. when it fills up the filter with water it comes out slightly and for a short time, the crome things dont spin around it just sit there also..

Thanks

sorry it doesnt seem to fill the d/w much only 4 a very short period then drains...

Thanks

iv just noticed a burning smell so i stoped it and opened the door the elemet was red hot

Thanks

Have you tried to run the tap under the cabinet without the hose connected to ensure the tap washer isn't stuck (place a bucket to catch the water.

According to the manual there is only one inlet hole which can be either connected to hot or cold supply

When you say two holes in the cabinet do you mean the kitchen cabinet? or the dishwaher itself?
    If it is the kitchen cabinet then I would run all hoses through the lower hole in the cabinet side.

The drain hose shouse already come attached to the dishwasher and only require attaching to the sink drain and clamp applied or it will leak

You did place the antiflood box that came with the dishwasher inline with the inlet hose I assume

Thanks

iv just noticed a burning smell so i stoped it and opened the door the elemet was red hot
    I think if you know someone who may be able to have a look as a second set of eyes it may be worth your while also

Thanks

the holes r on the kitchen cabinet ill try the above tap method, the hose that connects to the hot water has a cream box looks like a small power box. be rght bck thank you...

Thanks

ok thanks for your help take care...

Thanks

the holes r on the kitchen cabinet ill try the above tap method, the hose that connects to the hot water has a cream box looks like a small power box. be rght bck thank you...
    I would be slightly worried about the heating element getting red hot as this should always be covered with water, then I remembered when we got our new dishwasher the first couple of runs the element smelt like really hot but I think this is only burning the protective lining of the surface of it.

Have you also tried different cycles to test them?

Thanks

you have 2 yrs wty call Haier immediately before its too late!!
    woteva

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

That "power box"is usually a sensor if a hose has burst to stop the water flow and avoid flooding. It sounds like the inlet hose is leaking at the machine end and the box is shutting off the water because it thinks a hose has burst.....check the inlet connection into the machine.
    It would explain why the water only fills the dishwasher for a short time and why you got water leaking out on tilting the machine.

Thanks

iv tried all cycles im going to power off check all hoses and then power on run a decent cycle and hopefully that works if not ill call haier keep u posted.thank you every1 much appreciated....

Thanks

The outlet/drain hose usually has to loop up to a certain height( should say in the book or there is a bracket up high on the rear of the unit) before coming down into your drain, so run this hose high through your cabinet (almost sink plug level).
    The outlet/drain water has to actually be pumped out, if the hose does not loop up the water can siphon( to the wrong level) or just drain out.
    The tap/pressure line can be through any cabinet hole.
    Hope that makes sense, its late, big day.
    Last edited by rob916; 05-01-09 at 01:05 AM. Reason: tired
    What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks

thaks ill change the drain hose back to the top hole of the cabinet

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

I was just thinking that myself...

I had a woman once who insisted on installing her own machine, then called me to come and take it away because "it wasn't washing the dishes properly".

I had asked her if she knew how to install it when I dropped it off and she was fiercely adamant she knew.

Anyway, I go out there to pick it up and find that she had drilled a hole in the wall at floor height, through which she had pushed the drain hose, the other end of which was pointing down into the gully trap outside.

So, what was happening was the machine was trying to fill up, but the water was just draining straight out again!

As mentioned above, there needs to be a non-return loop in the hose and it must travel above the height of the bottom tray of the washer so that the water can't just run straight out or syphon when the pump turns off.

Thanks

I had everything setup the correct way my neighbour had come over and checked it out, he checked the cycles whilst the door was open and it was filling up water ok. due to the brand of the D/W apparently it only needs a small amount. He noticed the spray arm wasn't working so he pulled the sides off to chech it out. He ran it and found no leakes then realised the fan on the motor wasn't spinning,he has no idea what to do with the motor as he was only looking for leaks, is the motor stuffed, is it worth fixing as its quite a new d/w or is there a way to kickstart it.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast