Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Networx NX4

Thanks

Default Need help with Networx NX4

I have DAS Networx NX4. The controller (main box) is only 3 years old, the old one was replaced after a ligthning damage.
    The sensors and the siren are 12 years old.
    In the last 2 weeks it started to beep while it's not armed.
    When this happens we have to enter the security code.
    Now it happens every day or two sometimes at night.
    The monitoring company told me it is caused by a bad connection on the siren.
    I checked the siren for loose connection but didn't see any problem.

Is this a common problem with this alarm system?

Do you know anyone that knows this alarm well and doesn't charge too much to fix it in Perth?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Pretty sure the keypad can tell you what zone is causing the fault. Sounds to me that the 24 hour zone(s) are getting interupted either its the wiring or the switch within.

Try the yellow pages, or the installer sticker on the windows of your house

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

when you say it's beeping, where is it beeping from? The codepad , the external siren and is it a beeping or are the sirens actually activating ? Are the lights on the codepad in the normal status or is the trouble light showing.

More more info pls

Thanks

Thanks for the response guys.
    The beeping comes from both of the codepad and it also sends a message to the monitoring centre and they call us if we don't disarm it (even though it's not armed) within 30 seconds.
    The codepad don't show much except the sensor lights that sense movement (me running to the codepad).

I thought it might had something to do with my new 2.4 GHZ cordless phone becuase this started happening after I used the phone.
    I unplugged the phone yesterday morning and we got the same problem last night.

Thanks

Based on what the control room are saying "siren trouble" the connection between the panel and the external siren, or the horn speaker itself has failed.

You need to replace the Horn Speaker & Test the cable.

Nothing to do with the cordless phone, or a zone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strada916 View Post
    Pretty sure the keypad can tell you what zone is causing the fault. Sounds to me that the 24 hour zone(s) are getting interupted either its the wiring or the switch within.

Try the yellow pages, or the installer sticker on the windows of your house
    The NX Series monitor the horn speaker connection, there is a fault there, based on what was described "the monitoring centre tell me its a bad siren connection"

Its a siren trouble fault, quite common when an old horn speaker / siren kit is used on a new panel Probably a terminal strip up there, corroded..

Thanks

Keef has hit the nail on the head.

Have you had any mice or rats about lately? Could be a chewed siren cable. If not sounds like you need to replace the horn speaker in side the outside siren cover.

Banned
    Thanks

Before you go out and buy anything, buy yourself a 5c resistor, in this case 3.3K ohm for tricky dicks or gaycar.

Disconnect the siren/horn speaker and place the resistor across the cable.

You say the monitoring company calls you every second day, if they haven't called you back in a week, then you know it's the siren/horn speaker.

However, if they still call you then it can come down to two things, the cable or the siren driver circuit on board.

What I would do then if they call, is move the resistor from the end of the cable and place it on the physical terminals on the panel.

Again, if all is well, then it is the cable, if it continues to give siren trouble then replace the board.

Thanks

I hope you dont do that for a standard service call,thats a potential 3 calls to a premise for a basic siren trouble condition.

Anyways, each to their own, i can only offer my advise

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    I hope you dont do that for a standard service call,thats a potential 3 calls to a premise for a basic siren trouble condition.

Anyways, each to their own, i can only offer my advise
    Obviously not, it was some basic troubleshooting DIY advice.

Thanks

^^^^^ excellent .. 3 visits to a site a nice $400 bucks fair call i reckon.
    Only joking guys (or am I)

Thanks

Why not use a multimeter and check the resistance between the 2 wires on the horn speaker at the speaker and then again at the panel.
    Should be 8ohms. (maybe a tad more at the panel, but not much).

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

The sooner they make a decent waterproof tamper switch for the siren boxes the better. I normally only put the tamper switch in if the siren box is within reach ( up to the height of standing on a wheelie bin ) . If it is beyond reach I only use the spkr monitor feature.

Thanks

Tamper switches should always be used, in my experience the best Tamper's are the Bosch ones, smaller plunger style, and are better quality then the crap das send out.

All sirens & panel's should be tampered, regardless of height.

Banned
    Thanks

I reckon that all siren boxes should be installed at reasonable heights for servicing works. I once attended a residence with a siren box located at the top of a higher than normal 2 storey building, and the ground is sloping towards the basement...

Thanks

Tamper switches should always be used, in my experience the best Tamper's are the Bosch ones, smaller plunger style, and are better quality then the crap das send out.

I have one of them crappy DAS tampers on my siren cover and after 10 years had no problem. Do not blame the supplier its the location to the sea or local corrosive elements that governs the reliability of siren tamper switches and your best Tamper switch only lasts up to a year on the beach side at Surfers Paradise. However all my siren covers are tampered using flush reeds with scotchlocks for connections to all terminations (bare wires twisted, placed in scotchlock and just pushed together lightly without pliers) Funny the reeds and connections witout corrosion travelling up the wire connections have lasted for over ten years so again do not blame the suppliers.

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    The sooner they make a decent waterproof tamper switch for the siren boxes the better. I normally only put the tamper switch in if the siren box is within reach ( up to the height of standing on a wheelie bin ) . If it is beyond reach I only use the spkr monitor feature.
    20mm Recessed Door Reed Switch Best thing since sliced bread for any problem areas and standard siren box's...

I've always receplaced plungers with reed if they fault quickly (High Salt Areas, High Humidity Areas)..

There is no need to come back every 12 months to replace the bloody thing, or worse yet, BRIDGE IT OUT!!

ReD

Thanks

I called a technician that installed the alarm. It was actually done 4 years ago. How time flies.
    He is a good guy. He checked the control and siren box.
    He said the tamper switch in the control box was the problem.
    No beeping codepad yesterday and today. Hopefully the problem has been fixed.
    You can't tell for sure with this kind of problem.

Thanks again guys.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

And why would you always use something that is crap . There are only two types that I know of & they are both crap. Why use them when you know they will cause problems down the track. Realistically you don't really think someone is going to get out a 6 m extension ladder to disable the siren at the front of a premises. If you say it's happened to you I will say your'e full of shit. The spkr monitor feature will do the job, It lets you know if there is a cabling fault , it lets you know if the horn is RS so what more do you want. I have had two jobs in last week where water has caused corrosion on the soldered joints of the horn cabling. Come on Keef , go for reliability!

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post
    I have one of them crappy DAS tampers on my siren cover and after 10 years had no problem. Do not blame the supplier its the location to the sea or local corrosive elements that governs the reliability of siren tamper switches and your best Tamper switch only lasts up to a year on the beach side at Surfers Paradise. However all my siren covers are tampered using flush reeds with scotchlocks for connections to all terminations (bare wires twisted, placed in scotchlock and just pushed together lightly without pliers) Funny the reeds and connections witout corrosion travelling up the wire connections have lasted for over ten years so again do not blame the suppliers.
    Ron , if you're going to use scotchlocks you might just as well twist them together & wack a bit of tape on it

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast