Thread: LoadEPG and Fuxtel

Thanks

Default LoadEPG and Fuxtel

Hello All,

I downloaded the latest version of the "e2_loadepg" plugin for the dm7025 last night (it's availbale from the IHAD databse area) and noticed that it had some potentially very interesting features for those of us down under.

It includes code (both bin files and source) that allows for the reading of the OpenTV EPG's direct from the transponder from both SkyItalia and BSkyB - both of which are owned by NewsCorp and both of which seem to be very similar platforms to the one fuxtel is using here.

Everything i've read says the UK, Italia and Aus Opentv systems are similar if not virtually the same. After a quick look it appears that they have gone a long way towards developing code that would allow us to go about reading the full EPG direct from the sat.

I'm not much of coder but was going to have a play with it when i next get a decent break, but i was wondering if any of the gurus here had already taken a look at it or had any thoughts?

p.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sounds possible. Hope you have some luck with it. I don't have fuxtel nor aust*r otherwise I'd be tempted to give it a go as well.

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    Hello All,

I downloaded the latest version of the "e2_loadepg" plugin for the dm7025 last night (it's availbale from the IHAD databse area) and noticed that it had some potentially very interesting features for those of us down under.

It includes code (both bin files and source) that allows for the reading of the OpenTV EPG's direct from the transponder from both SkyItalia and BSkyB - both of which are owned by NewsCorp and both of which seem to be very similar platforms to the one fuxtel is using here.
    p.
    have you had any luck with this? i noticed it was for e2 only platforms - I couldn't seem to fine an e1 version, is there such a thing?

Thanks

Don't know about e1 but i got the e2 version up and running a couple of hours ago after much going around in circles and stupid time wasting. Still trying to get all the config stuff right but will post it when it's stable.

Woot!

p.

Thanks

Wow.

Found 280 channels
    Found 44501 titles
    Found 44959 summaries

he he he.

p.

Thanks

Fuxtel are actually transmitting an Al Jazeera program guide after all ... who knew?

Thanks

Fuxtel are actually transmitting an Al Jazeera program guide after all ... who knew?
    do you mean Foxtel? Sorry I do not know Fuxtel?
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Sounds possible. Hope you have some luck with it. I don't have fuxtel nor aust*r otherwise I'd be tempted to give it a go as well.

cheers
    Hey mate. You may actually want to take a look it. It is possible to configure it so that you can assign the EPG data to any channel including aurora ones if you so choose - it may prove to be more accurate on the ABC and SBS than the oztivo data.

p.

Thanks

Hey mate. You may actually want to take a look it. It is possible to configure it so that you can assign the EPG data to any channel including aurora ones if you so choose - it may prove to be more accurate on the ABC and SBS than the oztivo data.

p.
    Yes, I should use this for abc and sbs but continue with the oztivo as well. (As you know, LoadEPG can use multiple download modules). Well done, this is a significant improvement.

cheers