Thread: No component output on dm7025

Thanks

Talking No component output on dm7025

Hi Can anyone help i just got a dm7025 as cannot afford a dm8000 so i thought next best thing is a dm7025 until first problem could not get the hard drive to record the dm new the hd was there but would not record, in the end i replaced the ide cable that came with the box and bingo hd now working, putting that aside have been having fun with images and all was going well until all of a sudden i noticed i no longer have component out, vga svido etc ok but have lost componet video also the scart switch seems to have an issue that if i click on this it says if you can see this you have something wrong??
    Is it possible i have stuffed something up or have i a faulty video chip on board .This unit is a genuine box
    Any help please
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

In config file under etc/enigma2/config

search and edit line
    config.av.yuvenabled=0

to

config.av.yuvenabled=1

then Y Pb Pr whould be able too se in video mode.

Thanks

also what image are you using? as I think some images have this already updated for you.

Thanks

Wink

Thanks for the info it sometimes pays to search the internet
    what you have said use to be the case, but it has now been updated in enigma2.
    when you edit the the settings file under enigma2 you should stop enigma2 running under telenet type in init 5 this stop enigma2 and allows you to save the settings file,when done type in init 3 and this will reboot or start up enigma2 again
    Under the setting file
    config.av.yuvenabled=true
    config.av.colorformat=yuv

Thanks

does the HD channels work on the 7025?

Thanks

I don't have pay TV. But the HD TV on Optus D1, ie ABC and SBS works fine on my DM7025. But these channels are encoded in MPEG2 and I know that most HD channels will be in MPEG4 which cannot be decoded by the DM7025.

However, I think that I've read somewhere that you can record the stream and then view it using videolan on a PC? So it seems that the DM7025 (and possibly the DM7000 etc) may be able to decrypt HD transport streams with the appropriate sub and cam and record for later MPEG4 decoding.

I also would be interested to hear if anyone else has has success in this area!

cheers

Thanks

the 7025 can decode mpeg2 HD, it downscales it to 480i output though, still looks great imo.

you can stream mpeg4 from any dreambox to your pc as long as your dreambox can tune it. ie. Ive tuned qpsk mpeg4 and streamed it to my pc to view, works fine. you wont be able to tune dvb-s2 though with any dreambox except the 800 and 8000 obv.

how are you getting vga out ? Ive never seen such a scart beast. you mention in post #1 youve got vga out working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by updatelee View Post
    the 7025 can decode mpeg2 HD, it downscales it to 480i output though, still looks great imo.

you can stream mpeg4 from any dreambox to your pc as long as your dreambox can tune it. ie. Ive tuned qpsk mpeg4 and streamed it to my pc to view, works fine. you wont be able to tune dvb-s2 though with any dreambox except the 800 and 8000 obv.

how are you getting vga out ? Ive never seen such a scart beast. you mention in post #1 youve got vga out working.
    oops sorry that should have been s-vidio and scart out