Hi all.

If somebody could please help me with a problem im having with my home security system, that would be great.

I’ve got a networX NX 16 system with 5 sensors connected. There is an internal siren and outside the house there is a flashing light and siren if the alarm goes off. The box outside doesn’t have a tamper switch. There is only a tamper switch on the control box.

The problem I’m having is that the service light is permanently on and when I press the code to see what the error is, the number 6 flashes which according the manual, the flashing 6 is a expander box tamper. i dont have an expander box with more zones in it. I only have the 5 sensors and thats it.

When I leave the house and press the on button to arm the alarm, there is a long beeping sound and then it stops.

When I return home and enter my pin code, the alarm disarms but there are short and fast beeps. The only way I can rid of these short and fast beeps is the enter my PIN code in again.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem apart from hitting the thing with a hammer?

Thanks
Slick1