Thread: LNB Config for Universal

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Default LNB Config for Universal

OK, I have a minor problem which really bugs me.

I have a DM500 setup with the following: 22k switch. 4way diSCqC, 2 fixed 11300 KU, motorized CBand/Universal KU seperately connected.

Now ALL my KU's go through the 22k switch - ON. The Cband goes through OFF.

Every Satellite I go to, I get. KU or CBand. BUT the only problem I have is with the universal Satellites. I701, NSS6 and Measat2 (if it's still there)

My problem is simple. Because in the config for a LNB on the KU side of things, I select the ON for the 22k, it is then unable to switch between Hi/Lo. With I701, I do pick up about 40 channels. I have 10600, 10600, 10600 set for the universal which only looks at the High side. If I leave it at the default 09750, 10600, 11700 It doen't work (because I've selected ON, not Hi/Lo)

I must have it ON due to my 22k switch. Selecting Hi/Lo doesn't find any transponders (which I understand why).

?? Is it possible to have 2 LNB configs for the same Sat?? I wouldn't think so. Is there a better LNB config I can use?? Again, I must keep it switched ON.

I have the KU going through my Strong 4658X as well (a splitter) and the config for the Strongs allow for a 22k switch On/OFF and to select Hi/Lo. I do get all the channels.

I know I'm not missing much on I701 anyway, but it would be nice to know my setup is correct and I can scan whatever and get whatever.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Two configurations for same Satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    OK, I have a minor problem which really bugs me.

I have a DM500 setup with the following: 22k switch. 4way diSCqC, 2 fixed 11300 KU, motorized CBand/Universal KU seperately connected.

Now ALL my KU's go through the 22k switch - ON. The Cband goes through OFF.

Every Satellite I go to, I get. KU or CBand. BUT the only problem I have is with the universal Satellites. I701, NSS6 and Measat2 (if it's still there)

My problem is simple. Because in the config for a LNB on the KU side of things, I select the ON for the 22k, it is then unable to switch between Hi/Lo. With I701, I do pick up about 40 channels. I have 10600, 10600, 10600 set for the universal which only looks at the High side. If I leave it at the default 09750, 10600, 11700 It doen't work (because I've selected ON, not Hi/Lo)

I must have it ON due to my 22k switch. Selecting Hi/Lo doesn't find any transponders (which I understand why).

?? Is it possible to have 2 LNB configs for the same Sat?? I wouldn't think so. Is there a better LNB config I can use?? Again, I must keep it switched ON.

I have the KU going through my Strong 4658X as well (a splitter) and the config for the Strongs allow for a 22k switch On/OFF and to select Hi/Lo. I do get all the channels.

I know I'm not missing much on I701 anyway, but it would be nice to know my setup is correct and I can scan whatever and get whatever.

Any help would be appreciated.

G'Day,
    All you need to do is configure a " NEW " Sat with a similar name with the alternate settings, scan that, organise your channel lists etc.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".....

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Makes sense. Will try now. Only other problem with that, is I haven't been able to get a 'LO' LNB config to work just yet. Thinking it would be something like 09750, 09750, 09750 ????
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Still cant get a 'LO' config that works. Got another config for I701. No worries there. The 'Hi' No problems, just not getting any 'Lo'
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

I'm starting to think, with my setup it is impossible. This is simply because a Universal LNB requires an 'OFF' signal for switching to 'LO'. As I said, the 'Hi" is picking up fine. My signal is through the 22k switched ON. I'm sure this ON is keeping it at the Hi side.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    I'm starting to think, with my setup it is impossible. This is simply because a Universal LNB requires an 'OFF' signal for switching to 'LO'. As I said, the 'Hi" is picking up fine. My signal is through the 22k switched ON. I'm sure this ON is keeping it at the Hi side.

The usual way to do it is 4 x 1 DiSEqC switch #1, #2, #3 and #4 and use auto for the Universal. The switch is tone control in breaks in the 22 KHz if on for the Universal.

This should explain it better.

Last edited by beer4life; 08-03-09 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Add image.