Thread: DM500 tuner crashing

Thanks

Default DM500 tuner crashing

Have re imaged a DM500 with a back up copy with extras from other box (pli).

Box works but after 10 minutes agc and snr bars drop to zero and no picture, ruled out lnb, other box works fine on that lnb and the faulty box will do the same on other lnb, power pack also ruled out.

So the question is could it be a corrupt image ( I will reload as soon I have time) or has the box failed.

Have checked for any dry solder joints, gone over some that did not look right.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Maybe it's a power-related problem. It sounds to me like the LNB power is dropping out. People with a DM will be able to help more than me.

Thanks

Original dream or a clone?
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

clone

Thanks

I saw exactly that fault the other day. The green LED on the power supply was flickering - the power supply was faulty. Very, very common with clones. I know you said you'd ruled out the power supply being the problem but that's certainly what it sounds like.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Haven't had that one and dont want to see it. If it's your PSupply and you've got 2, swap them. That'll proove it.

Other than that reload your image. You'll know the answer in 15 minutes.

When I first got my DM's (3months ago) I was raw (still) and didnt know what was going on sometimes. A big issue I had was the ethernet. If I 'crashed' the unit and rebooted, sometimes it never came up to the menu screen. Seemed to be locked up. Led might flicker. But nothing. reboot after reboot. I, for some reason disconnected the ethernet and whamo, instant success. Then I found that a network setting might've been wrong. Readjusted , reconnected and download away. I am a Technician by trade and find the best way to fault find is to get back to basics. Start fresh. Only hook up, turn on what you need. One step at a time. And then if it crashes you'll know at what stage this happens at and can respond to that. If your sure and convinced the PSupply is good. RESET image, reload via blue button. Scan 1 satellite. Just load the basics to get it going for what you need. Leave it that for an hour or so. If it still lasts for 10mins then you've probably got a Tuner problem. Which I would guess could be really anything. But before you start thinking down that line try these couple of things first. It cant hurt. If your unit is truly stuffed, then what harm could you bring to it.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

finally got around to reload image, tried even basic image, no go, signal strength and agc drop down and even if up no picture any suggestion before throwing it out.
    thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

So you tried swaping the PSU with the known working one?

If they are the plug in tuner version, you could swap the tuners between them & figure out if it's the tuner or the mobo.

If it's the hard soldered tuner version, you might find the going a bit tougher.
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

i had a similar problem... my power supply looked liek it was working but the tuner wasnt working properly would crash often and other problems would occur (mine is an original dreambox DM600 though). Try using a different power supply, they seem to be a bit unreliable

Thanks

Smile

Hi
    Thanks to all who responded, to close this thread, it turned out to be a faulty tuner, I was about to purchase a new box, I thought it was cheaper and a less time consuming option.

To my surprise the gentleman whom I purchased the unit early last year exchanged it and even payed for postage.

Thanks Jeff

• 30-03-09, 03:57 AM

Reason
    spam