Thread: How do I create boxkey for sky ? - Newcs

Thanks

Default How do I create boxkey for sky ? - Newcs

Hi all I have been told that you can get your boxkey from your sly digibox serial # and your card serial # it was said google is friend but Google is not my friend this time around this is for a NZ Sky card although it is a 17xxx but it is a gold card most here are saying blue cards with 17xxx so may be different than 17xxx blue. Would the 45xxx card just be for HD or is that what I would get if my card died as a replacement
    Situation where I live we have multi room I have the second box in my room as a tennant and I dont think sky will just give me a card if I took in an old one that 'suddenly died by a kid with a 9volt battery' I would need my landlord to do this (I think - was the case with sky UK anyway)
    I can see it is finding a card in the lower internal reader but does not in the upper not sure why but it reports back unkown card trying iredeo etc

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i have a boxkey, but someone who is no longer around created it for me.

the 45xxxx cards are also used for SD.

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by numberonekiwi View Post
    Hi all I have been told that you can get your boxkey from your sly digibox serial # and your card serial # it was said google is friend but Google is not my friend this time around this is for a NZ Sky card although it is a 17xxx but it is a gold card most here are saying blue cards with 17xxx so may be different than 17xxx blue. Would the 45xxx card just be for HD or is that what I would get if my card died as a replacement
    Situation where I live we have multi room I have the second box in my room as a tennant and I dont think sky will just give me a card if I took in an old one that 'suddenly died by a kid with a 9volt battery' I would need my landlord to do this (I think - was the case with sky UK anyway)
    I can see it is finding a card in the lower internal reader but does not in the upper not sure why but it reports back unkown card trying iredeo etc
    does your landloard know you are playing around with his sky card , i think you should give it a rest m8

Thanks

Landlord is aware he hopes we can record some UK rugby games screened here as he use to coach some of those teams and with network streaming this should be easily done as long as the channel can be de scrambled

Thanks

I see allstarnz posted a useful piece of the puzzle for me but still no closer to working out a box key that may be required I have seen some posts regarding 17xxx cards working but with delays etc this would not be a problem to me at this stage ( I think anyway )but if a boxkey can be found with card/stb serial numbers HOW ??? or do I just go to Jaycar and buy the programer kit and find other software to get the boxkey