Thread: Roundabout for Rathmines

Thanks

Default Roundabout for Rathmines

At long last Rathmines NSW will be getting there roundabout on the notorious intersection at Dorrington Rd , for everyones information Rathmines is approx 10 mins south of Toronto NSW , the intersection has claimed several lives including the life of my mother a few years ago , I just wish my mother was here now to see that she didnt die for nothing.
    If only local state and federal governments could act more swiftly in rectifying known black spots maybe a few more lives could have been spared.
    Thats my two cents worth.

Cheers

JH

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Many lives are lost and many intersections, unfortunately they cannot replace every intersection every time someone loses a life there.

A sad fact of life.

Strange thing, we had a traffic light intersection in my area where a few people died, they put a round about, the area grew and traffic became really bad so they went back to traffic lights.

Give it time for some more deaths and ill bet they go back to a roundabout again.

Thanks

Sorry about your mum jonhoward.
    Roundabouts are a great thing. Statisticaly there are more crashes at roundabouts. The good news is they are mostly single car crashes i.e poor car control and car slides off road or if two cars do collide ther'e roughly going in the same direction. So less injury and a saving to the community.
    The people who complain about them are usually the ones who don't know how to use them or just incompedent drivers.