Thread: DM500s wont connect to dreamup or accept flash

Thanks

Default DM500s wont connect to dreamup or accept flash

hi guys, i have a 500s that just doesnt wanna connect via null cable using dreamup. i definately know its not the cable as i have successfully done other DB since. Tried using flashwizard via ethernet, image is too large. This one DB just wont work with dreamup anyone else have the same problem?? i

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If its an image you wanna load...why not transfer image to your tmp directory rename it to root.cramfs go into your settings menu update software manually.Once system boots for the first time do a factory reset, its the equivalent of a flash erase, then you can setup image from scratch, been doing this way for ages.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

I had massive problems trying to hookup when I first got my 2 DM500s. I 'THOUGHT' I had an Image problem and wanted to reload. I hooked up 9pin rs232 cable and away I went. The prog connected. Erased my image BUT would not reload. Spent unbelievable hours on it. Made 2 more cables to be sure. No diff. Re-bloody loaded windows. No go. Reloaded network 2, 3 etc. No Go.
    Used another PC with exactly the same version of windows xp etc and worked first time.

Dont know why, but I can CAS3 via Phoenix OK, RS232 to my Strongs and Dreamax no worries. Just doesn't like the Dreambox 500s download.

NOW!!! after i had success, some informative people here suggested looking into the baud rate of my com port. That was the only thing I didn't try.

Maybe, just maybe this might help you.
    Cheers, Saintaholic