Thread: Trouble setting up old systems, help pls?

Thanks

Default Trouble setting up old systems, help pls?

Hi everyone,
    I have several old game consoles that have been well-cared for, still in original boxes, all original cables, etc., all the games have been treated the same way and most are still in their original plastic inside the boxes.

I've decided to start selling all the games and the consoles off, so I thought I'd better drag them out and test them. The problem is, I can't get ANY of them to work with either the RF cable or the AV cables (those that use them). It seems strange that out of these:

NES CONSOLE (PAL)
    NES CONSOLE (NTSC)
    SNES CONSOLE (PAL)
    SNES CONSOLE (NTSC) with 1amp transformer
    SEGA MEGADRIVE

that NONE of them would work. I think I remember something about the older consoles not working with newer TVs, and we've tried the auto tuning and to some extent, the fine tuning, but would anyone have any ideas?

We have three, fairly new Dick Smith TVs, a slightly older Dick Smith TV, an old-ish Samsung, and a 42" NEC LCD. I haven't tried the last TV with any of the consoles yet.

Of course, the Playstation, PS2, Gamecube, and Wii all work on these Dick Smith TVs. I can't understand why the older systems won't. Could it be that they're all stuffed?

Also, can the systems be hooked up to a computer to test at all? If I knew someone with a working older console I could set mine up, but I really don't know anyone that still has one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

try turning of the auto blue screen if ya can???? see if that helps
    If I want too,I can, I will

Thanks

If I remember correctly some of these units had a yellow RCA (and are all RF out) connector on them that went to a TV/GAME switch box, this is NOT a composite output, it is an RF output and needs to go to your antenna in connection, NOT AV in( you will probably need the switch box to convert the plug)
    Any of these hooked up to the antenna input on any tv that can receive analog transmissions should work.
    I am not definite but I would think that they are all UHF RF outputs.
    You can not hook them to a pc unless you have an analog tuner card( just keep it simple with testing on a tv)

BTW Don't sell them. KEEP THEM FOREVER! There is nothing like playing old games.