Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed - Just arrived from the Uk

Thanks

Question Help needed - Just arrived from the Uk

Hi everyone,

I have just arrived from the UK and I am trying to set up my 2 dreamboxes here in WA. I currently sub full package to F*xtel on 156' Optus C1.

I have set up dozens of boxes in the uk using gbox2.1 but cannot get the DM7020 or my DM500+ to configure with the orange f*xtel card. I have gone over my set up many times but when I read my card in lower slot of the 7020 I get a good ATR but it says card not recognised. I have tried Gemini 4.6 and 4.3.Also tried changing clock speed but it still gives full ATR but not recognising smart card type.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the F*xtel NDS card has a 12 digit serial number compared to a 9 digit serial that my SKY uk OB series NDS card had.

Has anyone had this issue. If I can set my card to work locally then I can set up my network at home to share.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    Vacman

Look Here ->
    Thanks

ditch the first and last digit then convert to hex
    do a bit of searching its all here on the forum
    write a gbox2 tut if you can
    most of the people here in aus use cccam/mgcammd for nds
    also dont leave a orange card in the slot heard they dont last long in there...

Thanks

why not just use CCcam 1.71 - 2.00 works for me ..
    Gbox is not a waste of time but just to hard for most ockers to set up for NDS ..
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your quick replies... Still having no luck with GBOX2.1B but tried CCCam 2.10 and I am able to read my entitlements in CCCam info in the blue menu... Now thats a start. I am not sure how this is but my PID entitlements are May 2006 ???.... In the 'uk we could also check this also but it was accuarte ie. expiry May 2009 and not May 2006......

I can still not open any program and its frustrating as my card is official and current.

Do I need to use additonal files with ccam 2,10. IE scce, scripts or configs to get it to work.

Thanks for your patience.

Vacman

Thanks

confirm that cccam entitlement days are way out - (back to the future) - 2006 in mine too

I dont have the fruity card you do - mine is just depressed (if you get my color directions)
    I hear NewCs is needed for your variety
    good luck

Thanks

Thanks again, I am sorted now using CCCAM for local card. I had to enter Hex box key in cfg file but it clears now. Also switched emm to off.... too many NDS3 cards being cooked.

Thanks again for all your help

Vacman
    Last edited by ssrattus; 07-04-09 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

So this is an Orange you got working in CCcam 2.1.0 off an internal dm500 reader?

Can you post what config changes you entered, for the life of me I can't get the orange working even on cccam 2.1.0, and yes I have put the box key in, it just doesn't recognise the card.

Thanks

Default Orange NDS-3

I had changed this to get it work:-

DM7020 in VAR/ETC & VAR/BIN Using Lower card slot

you will see a file called ( cccam.cfg ) Edit both files

Use this converter to change your box key.
    h**p://w*w.easycalculation.com/decimal-converter.php
    Enter full 10 digits from F*xtel box serial number and convert to hexidecimal. Copy and paste, remember to leave spaces between code like below. Also leave disable EMM to YES, you will not cook your card this way.... Just copy and paste the 2 line below. Heh presto !

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 56 78
    DISABLE EMM : yes

Thanks

good work vacman

with emm disabled - does the card stay updated ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacman View Post
    Also leave disable EMM to YES, you will not cook your card this way....
    This is instructive. Remember how (Irdeto 2) whiteys turned brown in Humax embedded CAM but ran cool in Phoenix with NewCS? The puzzle was why - both ran the card at 5V. The explanation, supported by the observation here, is that the overheating was because of excessive EMM load - nothing to do with voltage at all. The difference between Phoenix and Humax is caching and retry behaviour: NewCS caches when it can but Humax doesn't.

That's not to say heat in receivers can't be reduced by dropping operating voltage to 3V - heat will be reduced of course, to some extent at least (provided the card works at the lower voltage). You need to go about it the right way though: simple resistor hacks on VCC can lead to card damage. Receivers that use multi-voltage card controller ICs are much easier to reconfigure safely for 3V. (And as others have pointed out previously there are some cards which are only designed for 1.8V or 3V and cannot be safely used at 5V at all; that's another story though.)

Sorry to wander off topic but I thought it was worth mentioning. EMM processing is one of the most heat-generating activities the cards do, which is why EMM caching makes such a difference to card running hot vs cool.

Re the card remaining updated, I expect it drops out periodically and needs to visit the provider box for a quick drink now and then Unless of course you find a suitable external update client to send selected messages through to the receiver.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    good work vacman

with emm disabled - does the card stay updated ?
    Not sure the moment, I would imagine not but lets see when the expiry happens but it is far more stable than gbox2.1 that I have used for the last 3 years in the UK. Just need to get my 2nd box networked so they can talk to each other now.

I think the biggest problem is these CFG scripts are fully loaded but they have inserted a # at the beginning of each code line on a virgin script so nothing is actually enabled. Its all about finding out which ones we need to use and removing the # and insert necessary info then save file and restart the box.
    Looking at some of the European forums, they are having a difficult time with the NDS3 especially Italy. These guys do not know what they are doing and cards are being cooked big time. News datacom have done put a lot into the security of the series 3 and I think you will see more and more cam emu's being left behind.

Thanks
    Vacman

Thanks

Has anyone probed the F*xtel box to check what voltage and clock speed they are using in the NDS3 cards. This would be very helpful.
    VACMAN

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    This is instructive. Remember how (Irdeto 2) whiteys turned brown in Humax embedded CAM but ran cool in Phoenix with NewCS? The puzzle was why - both ran the card at 5V. The explanation, supported by the observation here, is that the overheating was because of excessive EMM load - nothing to do with voltage at all. The difference between Phoenix and Humax is caching and retry behaviour: NewCS caches when it can but Humax doesn't.

That's not to say heat in receivers can't be reduced by dropping operating voltage to 3V - heat will be reduced of course, to some extent at least (provided the card works at the lower voltage). You need to go about it the right way though: simple resistor hacks on VCC can lead to card damage. Receivers that use multi-voltage card controller ICs are much easier to reconfigure safely for 3V. (And as others have pointed out previously there are some cards which are only designed for 1.8V or 3V and cannot be safely used at 5V at all; that's another story though.)

Sorry to wander off topic but I thought it was worth mentioning. EMM processing is one of the most heat-generating activities the cards do, which is why EMM caching makes such a difference to card running hot vs cool.

Re the card remaining updated, I expect it drops out periodically and needs to visit the provider box for a quick drink now and then Unless of course you find a suitable external update client to send selected messages through to the receiver.

Thanks

I wonder if you could overclock the orangey like the bluey to 7.8 mhz in CCcam.
    DM500s Black with rear on/off switch $99 inc post , DM800 sim 82 $250 inc post, DM800SE $310 inc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gado View Post
    I wonder if you could overclock the orangey like the bluey to 7.8 mhz in CCcam.
    now here we are worried about heat and coollin the cards and you want to go rev shit out of it .. hehehe

Thanks

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 56 78
    I tried these lines with cccam 2.1.0, still won't recognise the card.
    I have newcs 1.62 running on the same dm500 and its working with the orange, just strange that cccam won't.

Premium Member

Thanks

I reckon vacman has a different version of card. It would be nice to know the ATR.

The correct boxkey or emms enabled/disabled won't stop the card being recognised.
    Last edited by warbo; 08-04-09 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zepic View Post
    I tried these lines with cccam 2.1.0, still won't recognise the card.
    I have newcs 1.62 running on the same dm500 and its working with the orange, just strange that cccam won't.
    did you use your own boxkey ? or just 12 34 56 78 ?

Thanks

Nope I used my own box key genearted from the 10 digit number. I cannot post the genuine box key as this would let the sat police know what I am up to. The NDS 2 Blueys are 5.25mhz and the new orange nds 3 are 3.58...
    For the DM500 edit the CCcam.cfg t have this extra line

SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3580000

My Cam is CCcam V 2.1.0

My NDS 3 ATR is a normal ISO 7816 protocol returning information
    The ATR analysed is:
    ATR= 3F F0 11 25 02 50 80 0F XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX X Removed due to security
    [3F] TS byte announces inverse convention
    [F0] FORMAT byte announces 0 HISTORICAL bytes
    [11] TA1 byte is present and indicates the following:-
    ............................. Maximum CLK frequency is 5 MHz
    ............................. D = 1
    ............................. F/D ratio is 372
    ............................. Max baud rate at 3.58 MHz is 9623 (etu = 103 us)
    [25] TB1 byte is present and indicates the following:-
    ............................. a programming voltage of 5 V
    [02] TC1 byte is present and indicates the following:-
    ............................. Extra guard time N = 2 etu
    [50] TD1 byte is present:-
    ............................. announces T=0 protocol
    [80] TA2 byte is present and announces:-
    ............................. Specific mode
    ............................. select T=0 protocol
    [0F] TC2 byte is present and announces:-
    ............................. the Work Waiting Time shall not exceed 1.49 s for a frequency of 3.58 MHz

Premium Member

Thanks

ATR= 3F F0 11 25 02 50 80 0F XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX X Removed due to security
    Unless you made a minor typo the ATR is slighly different.

ATR= 3F FD 11 25 02 50 80 0F XX XX etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfnovice View Post
    did you use your own boxkey ? or just 12 34 56 78 ?
    My own box key, already had it in newcs, just copied it into cccam and put the spaces in.

tried many different frequencies, 3.57, 3.58, 3.68, 5, 6, 7.8 even 8 mhz, no luck, just wouldn't detect, keeps saying invalid card.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast